Author Topic: "Although you have asked us not to contact your GP..."  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
"...we are required by the Medical Care Standards to issue a Discharge Summary for all patients. Therefore please find your details outlined below"

This is the letter I got from Karidis and co.

And it shows the admission date, the type of surgery, and the amount of gland and fat removed.

So, what is this about the GP?

Did they also send a copy to the GP? If so, I'll be fucking pissed.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

GynO_DuDe

I think it just means, you get a copy of the letter for your own records to keep by law.

Incase you need evidence that you had surgery for whatever reasons ... work/missing exams or whatever.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I think it just means, you get a copy of the letter for your own records to keep by law.

Incase you need evidence that you had surgery for whatever reasons ... work/missing exams or whatever.

Oh right. Well, that would make sense. Thanks.

Offline kingboob

Interesting........ I would contact his office and ask exactly what that means......... it could be a legal requirement? who knows....

I know Mr Levick has sent letters to my GP as I have reviewed my records under the access to health records act - and I noticed he had written...... however this isn't an issue for me personally.

Offline thetodd

everyone gets one!

even though i gave them permission to contact my gp, they never sent it to her
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
everyone gets one!

even though i gave them permission to contact my gp, they never sent it to her

Oh right. Just curious, how do you know - did you ask them?

Offline thetodd

yeah mate she wanted to see me after my surgery to check my progress, she really didnt want me to go down the private route but im glad i did :). You should put some pics up of your surgery cellar bet youve had some good results aswell

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024