Author Topic: major post-op problems?  (Read 2308 times)

Offline mothamercy

• Posting Member
sup all, day 5 post op here...

ive noticed that the middle of my upper chest bulges out further than other areas, snd that it is pretty solid...wtf?

and that i have a sharp pain in my right arm when moved....a pain that wasn't there  yesterday.

im guessing the last part was due to the way i slept last nite, cause i woke up in a really awkward position.  im hoping its nothing serious like, a type of nerve damage or anything...

any ideas?

Offline mothamercy

• Posting Member
bump....anyone? ??? ???

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I would wait and see to see how things progress. The upper-middle of your chest could have swelling or something else. Hard to say I am not sure didn't have surgery yet. As for the nerve damage I don't believe so. Nerve damage usually causes loss of feeling of pain in a certain area. So if you are feeling pain I would doubt the whole nerve damage idea. The first part of your post though would probably be better answered by someone who probably had something similar or had the surgery. I am not sure. I am though pretty sure about the whole nerve damage thing. I have that problem when I damaged my nerves in my left arm and loss a lot of feeling to pain in the for arm area and hand. Good luck to you though and hopefully someone else can answer your first question a bit better than I.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Thinking about it now maybe blood or swelling has collected in that area. That may be or again it could be something else. I am guessing it has to do with swelling or blood collected. Or the area may have to be drained. Wait for other members to respond to get a full answer as I am not totally sure about the first part of your post.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024