Author Topic: i think i have it  (Read 2029 times)

Offline hatemylife

• Posting Member
im 13 years old and i have gynecomastia..i have breast buds i think but im not fat...im about 5'5" and i weigh about 120 pounds..i have had this since i was 12 and i get made fun of all the time and i hate it :'(..does anyone know if this is a part of puberty and it will just go away or what?? ???

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
You know, everyone throws percentages around about how likely it is to go away on its own.  

I don't know, I guess because most guys who clear up don't have anything to complain about, so we never hear from them.  

I just think it's likely to stay, but there's plenty of Pediatricians who have mountains of scientific evidence that suggests otherwise.

You're at a great age to consult an endocrinologist who specializes in reproductive issues.  Tell him what you're concerned with and maybe he can put you on some meds to correct your hormones (if that's the problem).  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 10:17:45 AM by jc71 »

Offline Spleen

90% of cases will resolve on their own by age 18.  Overwhelmingly the chances are that you'll be A-OK in a few years.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You should develop in pretty much thae same way as other men in your family.  If your father and or uncles had Gynecomastia in early puberty which degraded or resolved, you whould have similar results.  I'd bet that a good talk with a parent could be helpful. Sometimes a grandparent is easier to talk to.  But you need to talk to someone.
Grandpa Dan

Offline soccerplaya

• Bronze Member
Hey man,

I have it exactly the same as you... I got "buds when I was about 11 or 12, and they felt kind of tender under my nipples when I pressed them, I never thought much of it since it didnt hurt unless they were touched. But then I started to get embarrassed of them around 13 or 14. thats about when the tenderness stopped in my nipples.

Now I'm almost 16 and I think they have gone down a little tiny bit (if any), but if somethings happening, its going waaay to slow, they say 90% of these cases resolve during/after puberty, but Im not buying that large of a percentage.

My advice to you is just not to gain any weight, get in as best of shape you can get in, reduce your body fat, run as much as you can, play sports, and do a little bit of weight training at 13, then slowly increase the weight lifting when you get older. The nipples will still be puffy if you build up chest muscle, but I think it will make it look a little bit better. and btw I was 5'5" 120 at age 13 too... good times!

Hopefully our nipples go back to normal.. good luck man!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024