Author Topic: My parents just don't care  (Read 3114 times)

Offline gocanucksgo

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,

I think I will just get right into it. From day 1, I had to do everything about my gynecomastia, go to my doc myself, do the research everything. My parents just didn't care because they didn't think it was a big deal. They thought I looked perfectly normal, but they didn't care about the fact that it still really really bothers me a lot. Anyways, we had a consultation with a PS here in Vancouver and I just wasn't feeling the guy. So after doing some research I think I am going to choose Dr. Lista or Dr. Fielding, but I think Fielding because I have mainly only problems with puffy nipples. Anyways my parents just don't understand why it has to happen in Toronto, and they are just wondering how I am going to be taken care of, how I am going to go to class and stuff. They pretty much just don't want me to have it because they think its a hassle and not a big deal. Anyways I just wanted to ask some general questions so I could tell my parents.

If I don't live in Toronto will it be a problem with surgery? Coming back from surgery, Post-Op consultations, etc.

Also how quickly will I be able to go back to class?

How is the recovery?

How much support or help will I need after surgery?

Anyways I hope you guys can help,

Thanks

Offline micheal

• Bronze Member
my parents dont care.

and now im fucked up in the head.

good luck buddy

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Why do you need to go to Toronto? Find a local PS that you like.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
Hey everyone,

I think I will just get right into it. From day 1, I had to do everything about my gynecomastia, go to my doc myself, do the research everything. My parents just didn't care because they didn't think it was a big deal. They thought I looked perfectly normal, but they didn't care about the fact that it still really really bothers me a lot. Anyways, we had a consultation with a PS here in Vancouver and I just wasn't feeling the guy. So after doing some research I think I am going to choose Dr. Lista or Dr. Fielding, but I think Fielding because I have mainly only problems with puffy nipples. Anyways my parents just don't understand why it has to happen in Toronto, and they are just wondering how I am going to be taken care of, how I am going to go to class and stuff. They pretty much just don't want me to have it because they think its a hassle and not a big deal. Anyways I just wanted to ask some general questions so I could tell my parents.

If I don't live in Toronto will it be a problem with surgery? Coming back from surgery, Post-Op consultations, etc.

Also how quickly will I be able to go back to class?

How is the recovery?

How much support or help will I need after surgery?

Anyways I hope you guys can help,

Thanks

i was in the EXACT same boat as u. I  did EVERYTHING myself including paying for it all. It sucks but o well...they reccomend that u dont drive the day of ur surgery. I think i could have. (it was only a 45 min drive tho)

Class? i was back in class in 2 days...very sore tho.

It was more painful than i expected and from what other people said. Its sore and sensitive for a long time. Its been a month for me and its still sensitive.

You dont need any help really. i did everything myself

8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
did everything myself too

Offline snugs

• Posting Member
My mom says I look fine and at first didn't really understand why it's such a big deal to me. I, however, am fortunate in that she supports me in whatever I do. As cool and down to earth as she is my biggest fear when discussing this problem with her was that she'd think i had unrealistic expectations for my looks - body dysmorphism, essentially.

But when it comes down to it, what she thinks does not and will not effect what I do at all. I have done the research, found doctors, set up appointments- all myself. And when I have surgery I will pay for it with my own money. If her response had been "you're crazy, you look fine" it'd be this way. If she had said "I was wondering when you were going to deal with it- your chest looks horrible!" it'd still be this way.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I don't think you are being fair with your parents. What they have indicated is not that they do not care, but that they think you are making a big deal needlessly.  You simply have a difference of opinion.

As you have pointed out yourself, you are being allowed to seek your own solution.

Good Luck
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024