Author Topic: Post op: Massaging question  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Ehm

• Posting Member
It's been 2 months, yes.. 2 months tomorrow since I had my surgery. I used the compression vest for the time the doctor told me : 4 weeks. Now i only use it at night like he said.

Well the thing is my nipples look great the moment I took the compression vest off and for at least 1-2 hours, then they get slightly puffy, not as puffy as before but a little.

I have some hard tissue underneath my scars, which I think is what cuases my nipples to kinda stick out sometimes. I've heard that massaging is important to break this tissue, i just wanted to know if i have to massage myself very hard to actually break it or gently to let it break in time. I've done the latter for a week or two and I still got that hard thing under my skin.

I also wanted to know if this small puffines will go away or do I have to deal with it? The reason I ask is because I know some people in RL who used to have gyno, did their respective surgeries and look like if they never had gyno at all.

Thanks in advance.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I don't believe in massaging. Let nature take its course.

But, if your doc told you to massage, then massage. This way if your results are less than perfect he can't say "I told you to massage and you didn't."

On the other side, if your doc DIDN'T tell you to massage, then don't massage for the same reason.

You have to cover yourself in case you want to ask for a revision.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024