Author Topic: Dr Bermant  (Read 2667 times)

Offline who123

• Posting Member
Dr Bermant, first of all let me say, you have a great site. Really informative.

I have a question. How is it some PS when doing a gland excision doesn’t completely remove the gland? On my left side the gland is completely removed, but on the right side, it is not the case. I've still have a round lump pushing out my areola and nipple on my right side. I know it is breast tissue, because it feels like the way it felt before the gyno surgery (hurts a bit when pressed on).

My excision was made on the areola (close to the bottom). Hardly can see the stitching (which were removed after a week). Before my surgery my left side was always bigger then my right.

Is it true during the surgery the PS go with feelings then visual. What I mean is, the PS has to guess if he or she is removing enough gland, because they can't see what they are removing?

P.S Dr Bermant, have you ever missed on not completly removing the breast gland?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 06:21:56 PM by who123 »

DrBermant

Dr Bermant, first of all let me say, you have a great site. Really informative.

I have a question. How is it some PS when doing a gland excision doesn’t completely remove the gland? On my left side the gland is completely removed, but on the right side, it is not the case. I've still have a round lump pushing out my areola and nipple on my right side. I know it is breast tissue, because it feels like the way it felt before the gyno surgery (hurts a bit when pressed on).

My excision was made on the areola (close to the bottom). Hardly can see the stitching (which were removed after a week). Before my surgery my left side was always bigger then my right.

Is it true during the surgery the PS go with feelings then visual. What I mean is, the PS has to guess if he or she is removing enough gland, because they can't see what they are removing?

P.S Dr Bermant, have you ever missed on not completly removing the breast gland?

Thank you for the comments about my surgical sculpture and the introduction to what we offer our patients.

With my Dynamic Technique, I target gland first.  However, with any surgical technique, shreads of gland remain behind.  How fingers of gland pass through fingers of fat is the limiting factor. I perform alot of secondary surgery on other doctors' patients, and but rarely need to revise one of my own sculptures.

Revision Gynecomastia Surgery often can help with residual tissues.  However, it depends on the problem. Take a look at these patient's photographs: here and here.  Check out the movies on how the problem is not excess remaining gland, but extended areas of too much tissue removed and the skin adhering to the muscle.  

Each came to me asking to have more tissue removed even though there were massive crater deformities.

To better understand someone's concerns about their problem before, after surgery, or how good a result is after, Standardized Photographs say much more than words.  If something is supposed to be so bad or good, show the pictures or movies how the tissue moves.  That way others can get a better idea about the quality or degree of problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 02:56:21 AM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024