Author Topic: pre op/post op advice  (Read 1750 times)

Offline karl_82

• Posting Member
Hi guys!

Just a few questions i have if someone dosn't mind answering them :)

1. Is it advisible to shave your chest before the op?

2. How long are you out for when under general, does someone wake you? just something i have been wondering lol

3. What are the best things to help the healing process. I hear people talking about multi-vits, oils etc?

4. regarding the compression vest, do you have to wear it day and night and for how long after surgery ?

if i bought the nike one, could i wear the clinics in the day and the nike one at night. Or is it best to just keep with the the clinics?

Hope someone dosn't mind answering these questions and hope they may help others also :)

thanks
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 07:00:45 AM by karl_82 »

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
1. Is it advisible to shave your chest before the op?  

If you will be having sticky bandages put on after your surgery then yes, else you give yourself a chest wax when pulling them off. If you are having a compression vest straight after surgery, then their is no need.

2. How long are you out for when under general, does someone wake you? just something i have been wondering lol

Depends on how long the op takes but they bring you round when its finsihed, 1-2 hours usually, but sometimes less.

3. What are the best things to help the healing process. I hear people talking about multi-vits, oils etc?  

Massaging with palmers cocoa butter oil with vit e a few weeks after surgery has been recommend abit.

4. regarding the compression vest, do you have to wear it day and night and for how long after surgery ?

Your surgeon advises you. With mine i had to wear it 24-7 for 3 weeks, then another 3 weeks at night only. The nike ones are good but you must see if it gives you the same level of compression.

Offline karl_82

• Posting Member
thanks stonecold, just what i was looking for :)

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
no worries glad to help.

best of luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024