Author Topic: redo more difficult??  (Read 2521 times)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
someone told me revision surgery is more diffuclt to do.. i wonder why.. :-/

Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
any thoughts/ideas?

Offline flex1appeal

It can be depending on the prior surgery you had and how you healed from it. Depends how long after you wait to have the revision done too. My PS said that residual scar tissue can be hard to work around if you don't wait long enough between surgeries. But overall, I don't think it would be any more difficult than the first surgery.

flex

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
I had two revisions.... both easier than the original... and the healing process must faster !

Offline desi

• Gold Member
were both the revisions bythe same PS?

DrBermant

someone told me revision surgery is more diffuclt to do.. i wonder why.. :-/

It can be harder or easier depending on many factors.  For the doctor it can be much harder.  It is easier to take away than put back.  Many of the patients coming to me from other doctors' surgery have over liposuction defects and large crater depressions.  Some I am able to use nearby fat to fill in the problem as I contour the remaining tissue.  For other large crater deformities after gynecomastia surgery, there is just not enough nearby tissue to fix the problem.  Taking fat from another part of the body just does not look good especially with movement.  Here is another deformity complication after another doctor's agressive liposuction.

With revision gynecomastia surgery, I am going through scar tissue instead of virgin unoperated tissue.  Scar tissue has previously been injured wich can involve a condensation of gland with fat suctioned away, to scarred fat, fascia, injured nerves, and impaired blood supply.

However, different doctors have different techniques.  I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compaired to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation..

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:43:03 PM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024