Author Topic: Merle-what happened to the oid boards and my posts?  (Read 2319 times)

Offline nasa3

• Silver Member
  • kill this thing and skip rope with its intestines
Hey Merle

Just wondering what happened to the old boards, are they archived somewhere? I joined the boards in 2002, and had a number of posts relating to my journey through this mess and my surgery. When I chek my posts, I find that 90% of them dont show up. And the archives only go back to jan. 2005. Can you point me in the right direction to find this stuff?

thanks and God Bless

Nasa
Bilateral liposuction 5/20/02 FINAL SURGERY 1-13-15 DR NEIL FINE CHICAGO NORTHWESTERN MEMORIAL

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Merle may have deleted all the older posts...

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nasa3

• Silver Member
Hey Grandpa

The funny thing about this is that when I check my old posts, I get one or two from as far back as 2002, therest are scattered over the next four years. Cant figure it out. It seems the old posts must exist somewhere, and Id like to be able to access them, they document an important part of mylife.

Thannks and God bless

Offline nasa3

• Silver Member

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think the problem may be with the old board itself, which was reason enough to replace it.  on it, many of my old messages went missing including recent ones with no obvious pattern, not to mention the private message page would freeze if you had more than a few dozen.  when they ran the import, it probably depended on the old version to export, which it couldn't perfectly.  at least this one appears to be mostly bug-free. 

for context, there was also an old board before the last one, and the transition was worse from it.  i think they couldn't even export from it, so they had to leave it as a separate entity frozen and start the last one from scratch.  i remember reading through a lot of it too.  bermant however once made the useful observation that if you use google to target this url, i forget the syntax, you can come up with a lot or all of it with the right keywords. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 03:28:34 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
They have done a great job is explaning why the messages may not be there. I know that Simon had deleted a bunch of older messages in hopes that would allow the boards to upgrade. It did not work. Simon has moved on and I have a new tech man who is doing a great job.

I am sorry that the messages are not still there. I am working to create a new section of the website that will retain the best stories so that they are not venerable to the problems we have had with the boards over the years.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024