Author Topic: physical job 2 weeks post op?  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Sir Scalpel

• Posting Member
Hi fellow titty tamers! Im booked in for surgery in Poland next week and slightly worried because I have to return to work as a carpenter two weeks after surgery. I know the situation isnt ideal and I'm expecting it to be uncomfortable but I'm preying someone will tell me it is possible. I cant have any more time off work and this really is my only chance this year.

Thanks for any help out there ;D

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
lifting stretching over your head may be a problem still but u shud be fine.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
IMHO, a carpenter has to do lifting and straining that would make your 2-week return difficult at best, or damaging at worst.  If you can get by with just running supply errands and keeping the work level light, then maybe, but things just don't usually work out that way with physical jobs. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline r2ds

• Posting Member
I am a carpenter, stay low for two weeks, when you go back to work tell your foreman or boss you had a lump removed off your chest and ask him if you could be cut man,or do light work, you dont have to tell them you had gyn surgery, my first day back my foreman told me to get on the 90lb. jack hammer, I told him the above story, and the guys understood, I did not give up too much info, just told them I have to be careful for a week or so ( really 2 weeks) by then you will be 4 weeks, when you should be introducing light work outs or lifting, hope this helps

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yeah, that's still kind of early, do whatever you can not risk messing your chest up.  get a note from your doc somehow, even to just get on the light stuff, but this is the kind of thing they invented medical leave for. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 10:28:57 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024