Author Topic: Swelling and hardness  (Read 2610 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Hi everyone. I'm 3 1/2 weeks post-op. Has anyone experienced more swelling on one side than the other. My left side is perfect, the right side is tight, kinda hard, and is alot bigger. Feels really sore. Anybody have this experience!! Should I call the PS? I hate to call the Dr for every little thing but I know that's what they get paid for!! What do you guys think??? ???

Offline Sir Scalpel

• Posting Member
hi gyneman

I've got the exact same situation, 3 weeks post op with right side swolen up loads. As far as i can tell this is a haematoma where we've bled under the skin and nothing to worry about too much. But if your like me it is a bit worrying and pisses you off a bit because the other side looks so good. I think the general idea is to take it a bit easy so the vessels can have a good chance to heal and stop leaking. On the post op section of the site I think I read about people going back to their PS and getting it drained out. I cant get mine drained as it was done over in poland so I might be posting soon to find out more about how long it takes to go away.

Offline outertrial

Im about 1 week post op and my ps told me to expect that around the 1 month mark. He didnt say it would need to be drained but ill ask him about it again when i see him this week for a follow up.

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
as far as i know if you think you have hematoma you need to get it drained by a ps dont take it easy, and gyneman who was your ps, and what procedure you got?

Offline realist85

• Posting Member
So then the swelling takes 3 weeks to start and when does it go away?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I had an areola reduction with lipo & excision. I spoke to my ps yesterday and they told me this is normal. They said just start massaging the area. My 5 week postop check is next week. I'll let you guys know what he says. IMO, from doing some reading on hematomas, If it's a hematoma, you would notice a color change in your skin. ???

Offline Sir Scalpel

• Posting Member
gyneman, sorry mate I didnt mean to get you worried about the hematoma thing! The best thing to do by a long shot is just keep in contact with your PS and if anything does need doing then he's the one who'll know which is what you've done. Its interesting about the colour change in skin being significant, mine's still got a big dark bruise so I think the gp's going to have to take a look, now I'm worried!
reaper, I think you missed what I meant bud, by take it easy I mean dont strain it too much so the area can settle down.

Heres to a future with everything in its rightful place - tittys on fittys ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024