Author Topic: I'm not sure if I even have it -- ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT...  (Read 1690 times)

Offline QuesT054

Hey everyone, first post...

I'm 15 years old and on my high school's baseball and football team.  However, I consider myself to have "man boobs"... I have puffy nipples, and I think I might have Gynecomastia... I'm not too sure tho.

The reasons I think this is because: 
    I don't consider myself fat, my my chest seems to be fatter than the rest of my body.  When I flex my abs, I can clearly see the top two, and some developing in the middle.  I'm 6'0"-6'1" and right at 200lbs, if not a little less.
    Also, I don't feel chest exercises in my chest.  Push-ups, bench press, nothing.  I feel it all in my triceps and shoulders.  It's not like I can't bench anything either.  It isn't anything special, but it's not weak.  I can bench 200lbs for a one rep max, and that's not too bad.

I don't know what to do to find out if I just need to try and lose more weight (I don't want it to develop more with me unable to control it) or see a physician... any help, what are your thoughts about my situation... anything??

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
QuesT054...

Welcome to the Site dude.

Unfortunately, at 15 years of age, you are still going through puberty. Your hormone levels will be way out of whack. Best advice is to wait until you are 18 (give or take) years old. Then, if the condition persists, seek the help of an Endocrinologist and Plastic Surgeon.

You cannot exercise Gynecomastia away. The only way to get rid of it is to have it surgically removed.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024