Author Topic: Bruising & Karidis Question  (Read 1852 times)

Offline HighVoltage

I'm considering getting surgery from Karidis (assuming both lipo and gland removal), however I don't particularly want family to know. I have a few questions from those that have already had such surgery

1) How bad is the bruising

2) I've read through here that he will not perform surgery unless someone is there after to accompany you home, is this true ? Any alternative, such as an overnight stay ?

3) Does the compression vest have to be worn 24 x 7, or could you just wear during day ?

thanks

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Hi HighVoltage

1) As you can imagine bruising varies from person to person and on how much work you need, how easy you bruise, etc. In my case I had some visible bruising which lasted for 2 weeks. I'm just over 3 weeks now and I still have bruising under the surface which isn't visible but is abit tender. It doesn't stop me doing anything but I know it's there  :o

2) Don't know. It's worth asking when you book your consultation. The nurse calls the day before the op to check you're ok and to answer any last minute questions - she did ask me if I would have someone to take me home. I did so that was that. They may allow it if you have a taxi come pick you up or if you stay overnight. People do tend to faint after GA's so maybe this is why.

Also, you won't be able to carry or drag any baggage, reach up for anything and getting dressed will be difficult for the first day or two. I understand why you don't want anyone to know, but in the long run it may be worth talking about it to your parents?!

3) The vest has to be worn 24/7 for the first 2 weeks. Then either during the day OR night for another week. The vest is not noticeable under normal clothing.

Let us know how you get on and/or if you have any other questions. And for the record, regarding the operation..... it's sooooooooo worth it  ;D ;D ;D
Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Hey enuff have you discarded that vest already?

This is taken from the post op information =
how long to wear the garment for although this is usually about 2 weeks. It can be taken off for short periods of time. After 2 weeks the garment should be worn either during the day or at nightime for another 2 weeks.

RE the question HighV had on an overnight stay - the cost of staying overnight is an extra £500.

Jock
18 Days to go
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:28:21 AM by Jock »
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Hi Jock

Yeah, I stopped wearing the vest completely at 3 weeks. Am sure the nurse said 2 weeks 24/7 then 1 - 2 weeks more just day or night. The notes say 2 weeks 24/7 then night or day for 2 further weeks maximum.

It was doing my head in so I went for the shorter option! Got no swelling or bruising anymore so thought may as well. What do you think? Hope my chest doesn't fall off!  ;D ;D

Any other Karidis patients out there? How long did you wear the vest?????

Offline HighVoltage

Guys,

Many thanks for the prompt replies. I think I may just go for the consultation and see what he tells me is possible.

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Make up a list of every possible question that you want him to answer, I did and I still thought of other questions when I was 5 mins out the door.

One thing I liked about him is that he will tell you what he can do for you, and the rest is up to you, obviously it is business to him, but you are not influenced or pressurised in any way.

Jock
11 Days till I head sooth

Offline Toby1971

• Posting Member
1) As already said varies from person to person but mine was gone after 2-3 weeks. While its there, its obvious you've had an OP when undressed.

2) I had day surgery & was on my own from the north of Scotland. They called a taxi for me when I was ready to go back to my hotel (stayed at the express by holiday inn on finchley road - 5 minute taxi costing around £6 just over a year ago). Flew back home next day.

3) Already answered but just to emphasise it is not noticeable under normal clothing.

I understand you dont want anyone to know, but on the whole it is better if you can confide in at least one person. Apart from anything else it just makes sense for practical reasons that someone knows your having an OP.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024