Author Topic: Are we that rare of a breed?  (Read 5228 times)

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I don't think it is lying so much as it is men not wanting to report it.  How many times have you seen a man at the beach, in the yard or in a store that clearly needed a bra but will not wear one and I am sure their wives are not supportive of them wearing a bra (women only territory) or getting surgery.  Both cases would require them to admit they were wrong about there husband/boyfriend having gynecomastia and as we all know women are never wrong.  It is also party a doctor problem because they can not clearly define it and are slightly afraid on being wrong to jump on this bandwagon.  even when my doctor did send me for a mammogram the female technician was not that friendly.  She did her job professionally but you could tell her heart was not in it.  When she came back from the Doctors initial review all she said was that I had gynecomastia and her is some information on it.  A page and 1/2 that really said nothing. Even my wife said that it was just that a bunch of nothing. I doubt that it was even reported in the records other than I do not have breast chance.  
After all that wordy stuff I just don't think that many doctors really care.  Mine saw my breast twice and it wasn't until I wore a bra into his office that he really said anything then he got up and walled out quickly.  When he came back he really didn't say much.  My cardiologist simple said it wasn't his fault.  That is the problem, it is nobodies fault so I guess it is our and we should just live with it.  Even the first time I asked to see an Endocrinologist he told me NO.  Now he is finally sending to me on after my last visit. I wont get to see him/her until May 16th.

So yes I believe it is an under reported condition because almost everybody is afraid of it.  Men, women and doctors.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

hammer

The fact is NO BODY NEEDS a bra, male or female! The bra is really a personal choice article of clothing used for comfort and looks! There has been many medical articles published about the facts that there are really no medical reasons or benefits to wearing a bra, therefore it boils done to comfort and looks as I previously stated, and of course to control the bounce and dance under the tee shirt and black eyes from going up and down the steps for guys like me and aboywithgirls, lol.

As for why we get them? There are many reasons and many are side effects from medications. If that is how you got yours, you need to weight what is worse, the gynecomastia or what you would be dealing with if you were not taking the medications! There are many things in life that are worse then having some amount of breast on your chest.

Every time you get a new medication it would behoove you to do the research to find out exactly what kind of side effects of that medication has, don't depend on the doctor to tell or even know all of them.

It's always you right to take legal action if you feel you have been treated wrong medically, not that I agree with all these law suites you hear about on TV, but it is still your right!

Everyone should take control of yourown health care! When you don't understand something do research! This is where the internet is a blessing and ask questions or get 2nd or 3rd opioions. If you don't feel comfortable or feel something isn't right, move on until you do feel right about it!

It's you health, take charge of it, take care of it!

hammer

You may also want to look at the foods that you eat because of all the STUFF that goes into growing things faster now days may lead one to think that it may have something to do with men having breast growth! I would also not over look the water as well, and what treatments are being used! In the "old" days when we grew our own food and hunted or raised a cow and pig to eat, did we have a lot of men with boobs?

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
That's true Hammer but that was about 100 years ago.  My grandfather did just that as a share cropper and when my dad came back from WW11 he did the same thing till the owner sold off the farm and all it's equipment.  Then he joined the New "US Air Force " and we never killed our own chickens again.  But you are right about the drugs in our foods  I remember reading an article in the paper about young boys developing breast in the Caribbean after fast food chains like McDonalds moved in.  The food additives were directly blamed for the outbreak and McDonalds and others changed their food additives after that.
Troubles is I don't do fast food places anymore since I stopped working because the only place the wife likes is Long John Silvers and there isn't one within 5 miles of here and I don't like fish that much.  I would much rather have a Quarter Pounder from Burger King.

aboywithgirls

I have to agree with Hammer and Steven. Wearing a bra is a matter of preference. I started wearing a bra fulltime when I was 16. It was simply much more comfortable. I remember that they just got to the point that they were so sore and my nipples were sore from just rubbing against my shirt. It was simply better wearing a bra. I had worn a bra off and on for a few years before that just when I was going to be running or playing. 
We all have various reasons for h9w we ended up with boobs and why we wear bras and even what we wear for bras. For me, I wear regular underwire bras exclusively. I like the feel of them. They are the most comfortable for me. Because I am a 36H in most of my bras, underwire bras provide the best support, shape, and comfort . I also prefer lace cups in the summer because the girls don't sweat as much and molded cup bras when it cooler helps with nipple projection. 
Women have already done all the hard work. They know what works and doesn't work. They all have preferences. There is an almost endless selection of bras. If your having problems with breast support, the best advice I can give you is get professionally fitted and ask questions . Chances are that they can help because women have already had the same problem .

Offline Reluctant

• Posting Member
I've been wearing a bra (40B/C) for several years now.  My reason was based on having nipple rubbing and I've got enough bounce that they annoy me a lot.  So I could really say it's by choice that I wear a bra.  I've found that I'm large enough that no matter what shirt I wear, the project is there and noticeable for anyone to see.  I found that I was walking bent over to try and hide them, with or without wearing a bra.  My wife said who you kidding walking hunched over.  So I finally said the hell with it.  It is what is and live with it.  However, I live in sunny South Florida.  So I wear a lot of Hawaiian and Columbia style shirts.  Hawaiian like other shirts with a print pattern helps break up the projection and the Columbia shirts (pockets and extra) I buy one size larger, which allows a little extra room for concealment and at times, wear a vest.  Due to my location; I can basically wear these year around.  However, nothing will totally hide them.  So like the other members here on this site, we except reality of our breasts and go on with life.

Offline Reluctant

• Posting Member
Yes, my wife understands and I have her support. Ocean, I haven't been swimming in 20 years there.  However, I do go to he Y.  Usually I have a towel draped around my neck until I get into the water.  Other than that I'm fine.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
If they were trying to make me feel better that did a damn good job.  Sometimes I just drop in to chat and we always have fun.  I think I am their own private funny old man with boobs.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024