Author Topic: Tanning reduce or worsens nipple puffyness?  (Read 5043 times)

Offline kiwifirmin

Hello all, does tanning help reduce the puffyness visually or does it make it worse. I have pseudogynocamastia (I think) and my nipple is somewhat puffy when not erected.
Im starting to tan soon will it make my chest look better or does it make it worst.
Need your help guys!

hammer

I don't think it has any effect at all, but it can cause cancer! My dad has loss a lot of both of his ears from tanning! He worked indoors all his life! All he did outdoors was fishing and gardening.

Be careful, it isn't pretty with no ears and nose all put back together after skin cancer removal, some of you guys think itty bitty titties aren't nice, but I'd rather have them then a face stitched back together.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Tanning has no effect on puffy nipples -- period!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline p90x

• Posting Member
Tanning helps tighten skin - therefore reducing the puffiness. It also darkens the skin of the nipple which I notice defines it more.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
WRONG!!!

Tanning doesn't tighten skin -- it harms it!  Ultimately, over the years, the skin will thin out as the collagen is destroyed, it will wrinkle prematurely, it will become lax (not tight) and of course, you have added risk of skin cancers.

Dr Jacobs

Offline p90x

• Posting Member
I'm probably wrong about the tightening then   :-\

but from personal experience I can say that the darkening makes them look a bit better in general, gyno or not.

hammer

Your missing the main point! It destroys your skin it time, including cancer!

So go ahead and look pretty with your tanned skin, but as you age you look terrible with your damaged wrinkled skin if not really old and ugly well before your time!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024