Author Topic: this is what is happening to me  (Read 8142 times)

Offline RanmaS

• Posting Member
this is what it looks like a woman said that I'm a cross dresser just because I chose to not go for removing them or testosterone replacement.

hammer

Sounds like me! I would have a hormone balancing nightmare due to losing my testicles. I tried hormone replacement for awhile and the breast continued to grow anyway and given that I have gyne from early on they were nothing new. My wife and I decide that I would stop the replacement as it was also causing other side effects.

We here in acceptance say "bras are for supporting breast, it doesn't matter if they are on a man or woman"!
My primary care doctor at the local VA said that she agrees with that, and said that she was pleased to see that I was welling not to take hormone replacement.

Bob

Offline RanmaS

• Posting Member
Bob, I would not go under the knife ( I hate needles) Besides I have gotten use to them hanging around. People are so judgemental It's crazy that a women can wear men's pants, shirts, and even boxers and people say nothing, But have a guy with breast wear a bra and they call him a cross dresser, or want to know if he's transgender! I am married to a woman, my parents accept it ( now my dad has it) Do I really like wearing bras Not really but then do women like to either? I have gotten use to them though and feel strange when I don't. Had to run to Wal-Mart the other day and forgot to wear one I got staraed at more than when I wear one. I even had some females tell me that mine were bigger than their's and they wish they had them.javasc#ipt:void(0)javasc#ipt:void(0)

hammer

Believe me I can totally relate! I wear a 50DD and the cup is a little small but it flattens the breast some. My VA doc said I should go for a fitting to get some bras that fit better so I can wear them all day.

My wife and daughters told me for years to wear them, most of the rest of my family knows that I do and support it, and admit their boobs are not that small but not near the size of mine, but mine are so huge because of the total loss of testosterone.

I've had many surgeries and as a diabetic I stick needles in myself 6 times a day or more, so trust me when I say that you could get through a surgery, but some surgeries are required some are not and breast reduction is not a required surgery!

Yes, people are very cruel! I try not to bring attention to myself by wearing a button down shirt even left open over a t-shirt that is a size to big. This will hid the size of your breast some, and if someone has the "balls" to say something you need to come back with a counter, like "so you get off on men with breast, I prefer women myself",  if it is a woman "does your husband know this about you, maybe he should get his balls crushed in an accident and his will grow too"! The last, getting your balls crushed will work with a guy as well, and they will feel like an ass.

Dr. Jacobs and I started a letter writing campaign a while back to try a get Dr. Oz to do a show about gynecomastia to help bring more awareness about it to the public and also try to get more insurance coverage, but we never heard from Dr. Oz.

We are all here for the same reasons, some for surgery others for acceptance, but to support one another!

Bob

Offline gotgyne

In Germany there doesn't exist such a thing like "The Dr. Oz Show". Instead there are a lot of health magazines on TV by various broadcasting stations. Once in a while they deal with gynecomastia. The only advice is surgery to get rid of it. I never noticed even a subtle hint how to live with gynecomastia. In my opinion this is very biased. Don't get me wrong, I believe that surgery can be very helpful for a lot of men who are very embarrassed about their condition. But I'd prefer a more balanced presentation of this important topic.

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

hammer

I would agree, John that one should not feel that he needs to have to have surgery just because it's the "normal" thing! That being said I don't like having breast, but at 56 I've had them longer then not having them, so I really don't care that I do!

Bob

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Welcome to the club Ranma.  Honestly, testosterone replacement has made no difference in any way for me except feeling a lot better.  I have more energy, better mood, regained my lost muscle mass from 20 years of atrophy and a large move of my biochemistry towards normal, with selected vitamins and supplements.  It was deficiencies in the first place that put my testosterone in the basement.  My life really can be looked at in several segments; childhood, gynecomastia hell (jr high, high school and to a lesser extent college), young adulthood, 20 years of illness and post illness to present. 

This current period, the past 10 years, seems very different than earlier.  At a public pool or other public venue, almost nobody says anything at all.  Before my period of illness lot's of people were inclined to say things.  I was largely non social for the 20 years of illness so I really don't know what happened in society.  Now everybody has learned of "manboobs" and other such words. There are more and more seen on TV.  There are men who have had implants.  So now they don't know what to say.  I learned in college that when you get everybody nude, as at a skinny dipping party for instance, nobody says anything.  They all feel vulnerable.

Now I'm just another geezer with an old body that was never so great when it was young.  So far with hanging around a nudist club for the last 10 years I have never seen another guy with D-DD breasts, but tons of smaller ones.  So guys like you and Hammer and me are not the usual but it doesn't matter.

There was a 10 or 12 year period early on (school) during which harassment was constant.  There as a decade more of lingering fear that was largely irrelevant because my health became the overwhelming thing in my life.  After the fear and vulnerability were gone, so was any meaningful harassment.  I had the comebacks for those very few that dared say anything.  And decades of being a nudist has gotten rid of the whole body shame business.  Somebody doesn't approve of my body?  That is their problem.  In a nudist environment I'm just another body.  After seeing hundreds of people nude over and over, changes everything; bodies are just bodies.  Any significance because anything about a body's appearance disappears in a couple of days.  It's very educational and a complete emotional re-education.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The hot pink Bra and tight Tee does rather look like you are showing off.

A flesh color bra and loose tee would have the opposite effect.
Grandpa Dan

Offline walt

• Gold Member
yes maybe a nude or tan bra is best, but im no angel myself if its hot outside I sometimes wear a tank top with a sports bra and they do not hide the straps very well , I am used to wearing one and am comfy with myself , as allways if someone does not like what I am wearing they can go spit.there was a comment one day in walmart last fall ,I was wearing gym tights and a T shirt with a sports bra some college kid made a remark but to my surprise someone else stuck up for me and told the guy where to go if he did not know my situation.so good or bad comments do come from time to time.

hammer

Good to hear Walt! Nice.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
Thanx Hammer , my daughters go with me to the store or where ever and my 18yr old and I are very close we shop for cloths together and of course Bra shop, we will be going to Pennies for a fitting soon she feels more comfy going with me than mom for dainties.and as far as comments they are what they are .people need to be strong in what they feel good or comfy with.Bright Blessings my friend.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024