Author Topic: Aug 17th Haugrud Surgery and experiences (Calgary)  (Read 5935 times)

Offline seesaw

• Posting Member
Great results! Must be nice...

I'm ready for the wait, after seeing your pictures I think I'm going to go ahead and book my appointment sometime this week, keep us updated with your results! Is it cool to pm you if i have any issues?

It does feel great to be on the other side... can't wait for the final swelling to go down and hoping the incision scars dissipate out as Haugrud says they will eventually.  I'm massaging them and it doesn't hurt, just tender in areas, and I think it's helping things along, they appear to soften up a bit after a 5 min massage.

You can ask any questions here or in PM, you bet.

SeeSaw

Offline na2

• Posting Member
what did the hospital tell you when you called in the day before surgery?  just not to eat anything im assuming?

Offline seesaw

• Posting Member
what did the hospital tell you when you called in the day before surgery?  just not to eat anything im assuming?

Someone from the hospital called me about 3 weeks in advance.  They told me to stop taking any vitamins (other than C), herbal supplements and stuff like that.  No ibprofen 3 days prior.  Then a very detailed list about what things I could and couldn't eat within the 24hrs prior to surgery.  The bulk of it being I could eat up until midnight before just fine, then just a few liquid things after that and then nothing, not even water 4 hours prior.  The nurse that called me was very friendly and quite informative.. I think I talked her ear off for 30 mins.  Then I called the day prior to surgery to get my surgery time and check in time, and at that time they also double checked I had talked to someone about what to eat and when to stop etc.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024