Author Topic: Surgery experience with Dr. Karidis in London  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
He's outstanding, and the staff members I encountered were pleasant, professional and friendly. Finding Karidis was a turning point for me, and I would highly recommend him to anyone in the UK or nearby (I actually flew over from Ireland).

I'm still wrapped up in padding and the compression garment. But I'm confident that I will get the result I want. Karidis's reputation for gynecomastia surgery is excellent and deservedly so.

Any questions, fire away.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
Hi,

Got my consultation booked for 01/07 and aiming towards surgery sometime December 09/ Jan 10. It'll be a bit like mastermind here so bear with me!

1 ) How soon between your consultation and surgery?
2 ) Does Karidis give you any indication of how soon he can book you in?
3 ) Did he indicate a minimum/maximum waiting time?
4 ) How much did it cost in total (flights etc)?
5 ) Did you have to stay over in London the night before?
6 ) Does Karidis supply a compression vest?
7 ) Did you fly back to Ireland today or are you staying in London?
8 ) Is it safe to fly back on the same day?
9 ) How did you manage to get the money together?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:40:51 PM by niguy13 »

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Hi,

Got my consultation booked for 01/07 and aiming towards surgery sometime December 09/ Jan 10. It'll be a bit like mastermind here so bear with me!

1) How soon between your consultation and surgery?
2) Does Karidis give you any indication of how soon he can book you in?
3) Did he indicate a minimum/maximum waiting time?
4) How much did it cost in total (flights etc)?
5) Did you have to stay over in London the night before?
6) Does Karidis supply a compression vest?
7) Did you fly back to Ireland today or are you staying in London?
8) Is it safe to fly back on the same day?
9) How did you manage to get the money together?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, getting the consultation booked is a big step, congrats.

1. For me, it was a mere 3 weeks, but I think this was because someone cancelled.
2. During the consultation, if you pay a deposit (about 700 quid) you can book the surgery date and time.
3. No, sorry. Not in my case anyway.
4. In total, including the consultation, it cost me about £4700 - flights (£350), blood tests (£150), hospital fee (£1483), Karidis's fee (£2678), buses and trains (about £70).
5. Yeah, because I had to find the place and didn't want to be late or miss it. So I slept in the airport, in Heathrow.
6. Yes, he supplies two compression vests.
7. I walked right out of there, got the metro (1 hour), got on the plane, flew home (1 hour), got on a bus (2.5 hours), then walked for 20 minutes home. I felt fine. I prefer to keep the gyno surgery to myself, so I didn't tell anyone.
8. Sure, you could fly back on the same day, especially if you get surgery in the morning (at around 7 a.m.)
9. I got a job during college, saved, quit alcohol, took a year off college to work in an office job (hated it so badly) and kept saving, and eventually I had enough. It's priceless really.

Good luck.

Offline JugsyMalone

• Posting Member
Hi,

Got my consultation booked for 01/07

Hey, snap.  I'm in on the 01/07 too.  Looking for early September for my op, as I have some holiday due then.  Hope all is shaping up well (no pun intended) for you Cellar_Door, have you posted any pics as yet?

All the best, JM

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Hi,

Got my consultation booked for 01/07

Hey, snap.  I'm in on the 01/07 too.  Looking for early September for my op, as I have some holiday due then.  Hope all is shaping up well (no pun intended) for you Cellar_Door, have you posted any pics as yet?

All the best, JM

Thanks. Yeah things couldn't be better right now. I haven't posted any pics, but I will get around to it. I don't have a camera right now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024