Author Topic: 4 days post-op (puffy nipples, gland removal), just removed my bandages..  (Read 8135 times)

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
aaaaand .. I am VERY pleased with my left side, in my opinion it looks .. NORMAL! :D However.. I am not so pleased with my right side. It is very swollen, but hey that's okay I knew that before that it would be some swelling and whatnot. However the "problem" is that the nipple itself, on the right side, is .. a bit puffy! Not as bad as before I guess, but still! A bit puffy :(

But my hope is that that's okay, that it is part of the healing process and that it will eventually flatten out during the next weeks/months and become NORMAL.. 'cause that's what I paid for right?

Please tell me it's just a bit puffy still because of the swollenness or something :)

Offline sean88

• Posting Member
Hey there. I'm also 4 days post op. Same procedure exactly. My right side looks great but my left is quite swollen which is pushing the nipple out also. I would just give it time as the swelling is most likely why its still puffy.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hey was wandaring where u had ur surgery done? im goin to have mine done soon

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
Mine was done at Colosseum Klinikken in Oslo, Norway.

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
God damnit, it's been 12 days and I'm still very swollen on the right side. And now I read that it possibly could be "Hematoma". I don't really know what it means, but according to Dr. Bermant in this link; http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/pt_qna_folder/pt_qa_gyno_complications.html, it ain't good! So now I'm pretty scared, and also angry, 'cause I've done everything my doctor told me to! And he's supposed to be one of the best in Norway, so I dunno..

Gonna call him up tomorrow and talk with him about it..

Here's three pictures I took just now:

The bad lighting and poor camera quality maybe makes it difficult to spot, but trust me, when I look in the mirror, I see that the right side is a lot more swollen than the left. Also it's quite "squishy"..

Would especially like to hear from one of the doctors on this site about what they think :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:08:51 PM by WolfParade »

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
Just spoke to my doctor. He seemed to have heared about similar "complaints" before, meaning he was qucik to calm me down and also tell me to start using "hudkrem"(hmm I guess that translates to "Skin cream" directly to english but that doesnt sound right :P) to massage on my chest day and night. And he also told me it would take 3 months until I can expect it to have gone down. Which sucks. He told me to be patient. I am struggling already :P

Offline sean88

• Posting Member
Wow great results on your left side. I have a similar issue, My left side is quite swollen and may take months to heal. I can feel firmness unlike normal fat. I will be patient as my right side looks great.

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
1 month post op now. I've stopped using the garment, as my doc told me it "has served its purpose". I'm still using tape over the scars, and are supposed to keep using tape for 4 more weeks.

However, I am still quite swollen, though I think less swollen than when I took those pics 2 weeks ago. But that actually just makes the puffy nipple on that side stick out more! And now that I can workout again - wearing t-shirts - I actually notice how noticable it is sticking out on that side... :( My doctor told me the swelling will gradually go down in the weeks to come. But considering how slowly the swelling has gone down so far, I'm wondering if he meant, like, "the next 4 weeks", or "the next 52 weeks" :P

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
From the looks of your right chest in the photos and your description, it's likely that you had a small hematoma that is now resolving.  It's unfortunate, but these things can happen.  You're already better after just a few weeks, so I'm pretty sure your resolution of this will be in several weeks, rather than 52 weeks. 

Be patient.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
Well, it is still so puffy that it sometimes noticably stick out. There is something very very hard under the nipple. But yes, I think it has gradually gone down some more, but you know .. still not a good enough result. I'm going to see my surgeon around the 17th april, 2 months post-op. Hopefully my chest will look better by then.

Offline Londonyoyo

• Posting Member
How are you getting on? Has your puffy nipple reduced?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024