Author Topic: Sizing?  (Read 7749 times)

Offline Jlt83e

• Posting Member
Why is it bra companies don't run consistent, 38 c or sometimes d fit rather well for me and then the wife was shopping and messages me and saying she found some that she'd like me to try ,long story short they simply basic from wal mart and just plane which is fine by me ,beyond caring what it looks like, anyway she got my nomal size and let me tell ya it extremely difficult to try on bras with your wife, she is doing her best to help and accept my gyn, any sorry for rambling on its just nice to have a place to vent a little , (thanks to all), the bra she brought me was correct size according to what I usually wear and I try ed the new on on and. Nope not even close, when you buy a 4x8 sheet of plywood,  it's 4x8, lol,

aboywithgirls

Sounds like your wife is accepting of your acceptance. You should probably consider asking her to take.a day and do some real bra shopping. My wife and I shop for our bras alot together. We will go and actually get fitted and try before we buy. I want to be comfortable but I also like her opinion on what looks good on me and vice versa. 

hammer

ABWG, is right! Go together and get a formal fitting and you will have bras that you will like, fit right and can wear all day!

You don't need to have any miss givings about this at all, as you will be treated with great respect and find that you will be very comfortable about the experience in the end!

aboywithgirls

Hammer, you said it better. 
These ladies already know that a good number of us men need a bra. They are expecting us. They are willing, able and ready to help us find a bra that suits our needs.
Don't be afraid to actually go bra shopping. You won't be the first. 

Offline Jlt83e

• Posting Member
I don't have the courage for a professional fitting, maybe someday , probly gonna end up with a few bras around that don't fit , thru trial and error me and the wife will find what works,thanks again guys

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Tried on two bras at a Wal-Mart, one a gray lace and the other a burgundy soft cup bra.  The lace bra fit the soft cup didn't.  Try before you buy.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

hammer

Trying before you buy saves a lot time and returns and sometimes headaches too!

aboywithgirls

Trying before you buy saves a lot time and returns and sometimes headaches too!
Hammer, you and I couldn't agree more on this subject. Anytime I have been bra shopping, al least in the past decade, I have always been encouraged to try on different bras before I leave the store. The sales ladies will usually offer you privacy or they will come in to check the overall fit and offer some advice for a perfect fit. For them, it's no big deal. It's just another pair of boobs looking for support. There are lots of men who are now growing breasts because of medications and hormones in the food supply that some of us are more susceptible to. 

I will also add, don't be surprised or insulted if they ask if you are interested in panties. To each their own. They are only trying to upsell. That's their job.

Good luck.

Offline Jlt83e

• Posting Member
Sister sizes? Anybody had any luck with them?

aboywithgirls

Absolutely. I have to sister size up and down, depending on the bra. For the most part,  I'm a 36F/G in most of my bras. I have a couple of 38Fs but I also wear a 34H in a couple of other bras. I like a snug band that stays wear its supposed to. I don't want to have to keep tugging at it all day. I also don't want to be pinched by my bra. I just want a bra that I can put on in the Morning and forget about it the rest of the day. 

Jason13820

I went bra shopping at Lane Bryant a few months ago and they offered me a fitting without me even asking. The woman working there asked if I knew my girlfriend/wife's size, and when I told her it was for me, she suggested the fitting. 
I was afraid to ask for a fitting, just like you, but it's really not that big a deal.

hammer

With gynecomastia on the rise more and more men are being fitted for bras for comfort! It's no longer just the ones that get "turned on" by wearing women's clothing that buy the bras, it is real men like us that need bras, because we have real breast to support! And it isn't necessarily that we choose to have them, but we accept that we do!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Hammer I agree with your. Even my dermatologist, who is a young man has gyno,  And I have read report that instead of 1 in a 1000 it is more like 1 in 20 or 20.  I think that, that last number may be over doing it but it id on the increase.  I may have something thing to do with the food we eat or the pills we take.  What ever it is there are more of us everyday.

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
Hammer I agree with your. Even my dermatologist, who is a young man has gyno,  And I have read report that instead of 1 in a 1000 it is more like 1 in 20 or 20.  I think that, that last number may be over doing it but it id on the increase.  I may have something thing to do with the food we eat or the pills we take.  What ever it is there are more of us everyday.

According to a National Health Service report in the UK it is expected that it will affect 90% (ninety) of all males in UK.  Bearing in mind the quantity of oestrogen sloshing around and the fact that mean now live to 84 on average (it was 58 when I was born) It is not as surprising as it may seem.

aboywithgirls

Besides the food supply and the medications there is also genetic factors and other conditions like hyperestrogenism, like 8 have which causes men to have secondary female sexual characteristics like breasts and hips and buttocks. In my case, it's just part of my genetic make up.
I feel that the bra is becoming less exclusively for women because of the other 2 factors. More and more.of us require a bra just to get through our day. 
I know that 30 years ago it was very unusual for a man to have to wear a bra. I was lucky to have a mother and a bra fitter who understood my problem and helped me get started (as well an older sister who was empathetic and gave me her hand me down bras with teasing me about my boobs).
Nowadays, I can shop anywhere for a new bra and get professionally fitted and have feedback on what works for me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024