Author Topic: Cant Help but notice...  (Read 7372 times)

Offline znilracd

• Posting Member
Almost all the members from the past that have had surgery on this forum have disappeared? If you look at the past 20 pages of posts under Canada a majority of them don’t come around anymore. I suspect this is a good thing, I notice the pattern of people posting here pre-op and a few weeks post-op but that’s it.

So I assume everyone is pleased with their results, and they move on with their lives. I am still skeptical about getting surgery and the final results; this is a slight confidence booster. Not many Fielding/Lista patients have anything negative to say about their procedure after a year+ post op.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey znilracd, you're right... most of them just seem to  move on... i think its a good sign... for some reason i think they would come back and talk about their bad experience if they had any... the only one i know that had surgery over a year ago and is still active on the forum is grandpabambu...he's my role model ;)

he had surgery last year with fielding (but anyways, i'll let him talk about his experience)

i had consultation with Fielding as well and he made me feel very good about the whole surgery idea.... having a lot of experience and good reference was a priority for me as well as having a good connection with the surgeon.
i think you should talk about your concern to a surgeon. it will help you make a decision and answer your questions. if you still are not sure about it, then i guess you are not ready for it dont push it, i think its important to be ready for it cause i guess it can be a big thing for some people...

as for Lista, for some reason the more i browse the site the more i wonder about all this buzz about Lista cause it seems that nobody i read from had surgery from lista... might just be me... the only one i can remember was not extremely satisfied...

anyways think about it man... and if you have question ask here of talk to a surgeon... it can help
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:32:32 PM by brebguy »
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline ireallyhatemyself

• Posting Member
Dr. Fielding said to me he doesn't have people calling up 5 years later and thanking him and he likes it that way, because after they see him it's done and over with, you never think of gynecomiastia or manboobs again. I think he's right about that.

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
I had surgery on June 22nd, 2005 with Dr. Fielding - a year and a day ago.  

My only regret was that I never got it done earlier as I had no financial woes of any sort.  Just a lack of knowledge and the hope that a strict training routine would make it go away.

The good doctor did a fantastic job.  I have no complaints what so ever about the whole process.  He's a great guy who does not make you uncomfortable and his secretary is fantastic too.  The staff at the hospital were incredible too.

Finally I have to give a very special thank you to
Bambu who basically inspired me to get this done with his fantastic journal and positive words of encouragement.

Offline znilracd

• Posting Member
kingcobra thats great to hear, we need more people like you to drop in a year post op with no objections to encourage people like us to go through with this.

Do you have any updated pics? I would be interested to see after a year and all healing is done the final results.

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
I check in once a while just to see how everyone is doing!

Charles
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline znilracd

• Posting Member
nowchase, how was your personal experience with surgery?

Offline beagleworth

I had my surgery about 2 weeks ago by Dr. Silverman in Ottawa.

The change is amazing and I am very pleased with the results. My side/angled view is just amazing (with and without shirt). The front is great with a shirt but quite bruised up without :).

Sorry I do not have pictures to post right now. I did not take any myself because the last thing I want to see is my old bare chest in picture. The surgeon has them, but I will wait to compare for a few months

I actually waited a year before having done because I was not sure if I would be happy, but now I think I should have done it then!

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
absolutely great... not perfect, but no more constant b.s. in my mind!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
brebguy, KingCobra....

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's good to know that I've been of some help.   :)

znilracd....

Yeah, many people are 'takers' and not 'givers'. That's okay though, one or two post-op'ers is all that we need to hang around and help the 'new guy' out.

JCF ( Dr. Fielding ) is DA MAN dude. He's a really cool guy. He doesn't talk down to you and makes a difficult situation feel very comfortable. The reason that many guys opt for JCF over Lista is that your out of pocket with Lista is $5000 and $1200 - $1800 with Doc Fielding. OHIP picks up most of the tab when you go with Fielding.

I'm just over 16 months post-op and I'm very satisfied with the results ;D. It's a huge relief that all the gyne related stress/BS is gone out of my head (as nowchase put it). I can now go out into the world with just 'one' shirt. Awesome, just awesome.

Yup, JCF is DA MAN ....

Check out my pics if you wish. Click on the 'Pics' link in my Sig below.

John.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:45:32 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
What does OHIP pay for?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What does OHIP pay for?

OHIP covers all costs except for Lipo.

John.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member

OHIP covers all costs except for Lipo.

John.

Does the Governtment pay for the anasthesia???

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well from what i understand, anesthisia cost are comprise within the surgery costs.
for instance i have to pay :
2500$ for the procedure (lipo excision and compression garment)
0 for hospital fees (covered by insurance)
165 $ for GST

no charge for the anasthisia (and never heard of any)

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
I know last year my g/f had oral surgery.We had to pay for the anasthisia before the surgery and Alberta Health Care didnt pay for it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024