Author Topic: Lipo Vs. Gland removal  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Saxon

• Posting Member
I live in Scottsdale, AZ and spoke to  surgen.  He said no gland removal is needed just lipo.  I question that.  Should I find another surgen and get lipo plus gland removal or is lipo good enouph.  thank you.  I go in for surgery Aug 10 2006.  

Please e-mail me at Michshnly@cox.net

Offline Saxon

• Posting Member
Sorry but I forgot to add.  Would this be a scam knowing I might be back for anther visit spending more $$$ on gland removal.  Or intentional  I thought a surgeon would always remove gland + lipo for best results.  It's costing me $3500 which includes everything excluding medications

Dr. Leon on Scottsdale Ave and + Oak Scottsdale,  Arizona

Offline Hypo-is-here

It is not possible to 100% say whether gynecomastia is glandular or fat.  Gland can feel like fat and fat can feel like gland and it is the only time the surgeon can no for sure what is what is when he has it in his hand having removed it.

At least that is what Dr Bermant said ( a top Plastic Surgeon who is on the site).

I have never seen anyone who has only had lipo happy with results post surgery.  

Also a lot og guys that have had lipo only have later said that it revealed the underlying glandular mass even more.

I would never advise anyone to get lipo only from what I have heard on here over the past two years.....get a second opinion!

Take a look here is a guy on the site at the moment unhappy with lipo only.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1154315547
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:22:18 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Saxon

• Posting Member
Thank you Hypo.  I just read pages 1-74.  All my questions have been answered on the topic of Lipo vs. gland removal.  I am getting gland removal + lipo no questions asked.  I am canceling my appointment and looking for another surgeon here in Scottsdale, AZ.  I didn’t feel comfortable with my consultation with this guy anyway.  I didn’t get a chance to say much and that’s weird because I have a big mouth and never nervous around anyone.  I speak my mind.  He walked in and out in 3 minutes.  I brought in about 15 pages of Michael Bermant, MD website.  Before and after pictures.  He didn’t look at any from my folder.  That tossed up a red flag.  I wasn’t questioning his credibility being a plastic surgeon.  I was asking questions referring to the pictures saying what you think.  He insisted I need only lipo with a big smile.  I don’t think so dude.  So I blew $250 on a consultation and mild physical.  I’d rather loose $250 than $3,500 on a lipo’d chest and stuck with huge glands right???

Here’s there website.  http://www.bodynew.com/mp/breast-implants-augmentation.htm
WORD OF ADVICE.  Stay away!!!

Offline Hypo-is-here

I think the fact that you were not comfotable means that you absolutely shouldn't have gone with that surgeon, so you have made the right decision there.

You have looked at the info regarding non lipo and weighed the situation up and again I think you have come up with the right answer.

The only thing I would say is even if it is well intentioned to help other guys on the site I'm not sure if it is correct to point out the site/the PS concerned and blacken his name/reputation and I suspect that might be removed/moderated.

Losing cash on a consultation is unfortunate- I think you might find other surgeons willing to offer free consulatations...but you hit the nail on the head in terms of what is more important.

Best of luck in finding the right PS.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:59:40 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Had just lipo 2 times ...... and am now going back in Sept for glandular removal (its a pain, but have not had to pay any extra)..... just very time consuming!!

Good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024