Author Topic: Waist-band instead of a male compression vest????  (Read 4465 times)

Offline Pedro_portugal

• Posting Member
Hi

I've performed the gynecomastia surgery last tuesday (5th september) and my surgeon recommended me to use after it, some kind of a waist-band (that pregnant women use), but I think that a compression vest would be much more confortable. However I don't really know any store in Portugal where I can buy one.
As a consequence of that I've bought that band that pregnant women use and I'm wearing it since I had surgery. There is no problem at the moment because it compresses a lot, it reduces the swelling and I'm resting on bed (so I'm not doing a lot of movements), however my problem is when I go to college next week and I have to use that band. I think the vest would be better, more confortable and adaptable. I don't know what to do ??!!?  :-/ ??? ??? ??? :-/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:19:36 AM by Pedro_portugal »

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
I have a vest on right now and it works well.  It was real expensive too.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
why dont you order a vest from underworks?

www.underworks.com/

Which one(s) did you get and what do you think of it/them?  I kind of like the looks of the "Concealer" muscle shirt, but would it be good for post op?  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I am from Canada. And bought my self a Nike compression vest from sportscheck for $40. But then over the weekend, we went to Buffalo, US and found same identical stuff from Reebok for just $15.

When I see my doctor on Tuesday, I will show him and ask him if this thing works or not? Another guy from same doctor actully suggest me to buy onw of this.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:46:44 PM by Merle »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Pedro_portugal

• Posting Member
My problem with the vest is that I don't know any store in Portugal where I can buy one specifically for the gynecomastia surgery.
The only place I know that sells these kind of vests is on the internet and those websites are all of them USA websites and the majority don't sell for Europe. And if they sell the air mail taxes are very expensive..
Maybe I'll have to continue using this band.

Pedro (portugal)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 07:41:24 AM by Pedro_portugal »

Offline mumoft

• Posting Member
My son is very tall 6'5", and after surgery, the doctor's staff discovered that the compression vest for men did not fit his long torso, and hit him right in the middle of his stomach. He ended up wearing two of the bands.  At first he wasn't happy about it, just like you, and then after awhile he realized he could adjust them and it covered him better so it made sense and was more comfortable.  As the swelling went down he was able to wear a vest when he left the house if he wanted, but still prefered the bands when at home.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I have tried the muscle shirt from Underworks. It is great, but a bitch to get off and on. I would not suggest it till at least a week or two post surgery. You need a fair amount of flexibilty to get it on an off. I wore just it to the grocery story with my black jeans and almost got picked up. Nice validation of the surgery. I am certanly getting more noticed, that is for sure.

I also have the compression band that you are talking about. I often wear it with the vest to keep it from rolling up. It really helps and the adjustability is great.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024