Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 2189 times)

Offline hilalkan

Hi im a 25 year old male and i have what seems like gyno since i was a kid. I used to be quite overwieght when i was young.  I lost weight when i was about 16- 17 and began weight training on a regular basis. Since then i have maintained a healthy lifestyle and have kept the weight off. My fat percentage is quite low though i do seem to notice that the gyno decreases as i get leaner, however compared to the rest of my body it sill seems a little abnormal. For example my upper chest is firm and toned yet my lower chest around the nipples is soft and flabby. My arms, back, even my stomach are all quite toned yet it just doesnt wanna come off my chest. Im not sure whether it is fat or tissue, it feels like fat, compared to other fat on my body (soft).  I saw a doctor when i started losing weight when i was younger and he told me it would probably get better as i lose weight, which it has......but it is still there and quite annoying. I think i have given it enough time to go away naturally and i have been looking at other options.I spend a lot of time in the gym and i always see improvements everywhere except my lower chest. I want to avoid surgery if i can since it is not awfull just very annoying. I was hoping somebody could give me some advice on what my other options are. Is there any medication I can take that might help it decrease?

Offline shiver

• Posting Member
you kind of sound like me when i was 25. i also had been slightly overweight as a kid into my teens and then lost weight as puberty hit and i started working out too. my chest, however, never lost it's appearance. at the time..i had a 28 inch waist, lean muscle, etc. but my lower chest never changed. like you..i thought that it was just stubborn fat that i was having a hard time getting rid of. what i didn't know then (and i wish i had) at that time was that i had a lot of glandular tissue that wouldn't go away no matter how much exercise i did. if 35yo me could talk to the 25yo me..i'd lend myself some money and get the surgery.

Offline hilalkan

it sounds like u know what im going through, it seems just like stubborn fat and i have tried everything to get it to go. Do you really think surgery is the only way? ive been reading about this product called Andractim and it seems like it works on cases that arent too serious and i dont think that mine is serious.  There is only about an inch of fat (or tissue) that i am trying to get rid of. If it was on my waist i could probably get rid of it in a month or so which is why it so frustrating!! Any advice on Andractim would be helpful, thanx

Offline shiver

• Posting Member
i'm not too clear how medication would work on glandular tissue. i was told that surgery was the best way to deal with that part of gyno - a quicker and more permanent solution. fat is definitely easier to deal with but remember that sometimes the procedure includes a small amount of lipo (if that's what the chosen ps uses) and that fat removal is permanent as well. if it was all fat, then that would be a different story. however, fat only increases or decreases in size. it's not like you're removing fat when you're working out. for myself, the removal of gland tissue and the small amount of lipo was what i needed. i found that after 30..no matter how much cardio i did or working out..it was even becoming difficult to decrease the amount of fat on my chest. now, it isn't really a concern after the surgery..almost 4 weeks now.

believe me, before i was 30 ..i was very anti-surgery. i thought proper diet and exercise would get rid of the issue. i found that for me, that wasn't a good solution in the long run and no matter how much i tried, i couldn't get rid of the 'moobs.' fortunately, i found myself with a lot of extra cash and finally decided to go ahead with a procedure. if i would've been more informed in my 20s, i would have done it back then. if you're unsure, just consult a ps. my initial consultation was $40 and i went with a list of questions. i felt that $$ was worth getting the opinion of an expert. before the consultation, i had suspected that i had gyno but that was my own opinion. i needed the opinion of a doctor and the information about what kind of gyno i had. i figured that knowing more about what i had would help me determine what course of action i should take. either way..i was determined to resolve it before more time went by.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With respect to the glandular tissue, If the ratio of androgens to estrogens does not support the glandular tissue it will gradually degrade.  The key word is gradual it might take years.

The fat is a different issue,  Some of us just naturally deposit fat in the breast area.  For many men this would seem to be the first place that excess fat is deposited and the last place where we lose it.  A person can in fact reduce weight to an unhealthy degree and still have fat in the breast area.

Most often, of course, Gynecomastia consists of fatty tissue with glandular tissue threading through it.  This fact would explain why liposuction alone does not yield a satisfactory result in so many cases.

Even a highly skilled Doctor will often be unable to evaluate the relative amounts of fat vs gland with accuracy prior to surgery.  

If, in the interest of cost, a man opts for liposuction only; he has in effect handcuffed his surgeon.  If surgery is your desired course, the surgeon must be at liberty to do whatever is needed as the surgery progresses.

Most important, a person must have realistic expectations with regard to the surgical outcome.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 03:25:43 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024