Author Topic: Nearly 3 weeks post op, HELP!!!  (Read 1998 times)

Offline ukmale

Hello all,

I think the best place to start is from the begining. Im now 29 and after suffering with major gyno since i was 10/11 i decided to bite the bullet and get it correct. My operation was just under 3 weeks ago and im really depressed.

Pre operation my chest was like a DD ladies chest (massive) and it caused me so much heart ache and embarrasment that i wanted a flat (or nearly flat chest). Once the reduction was done, i was over the moon with the results and this relief last for the first week, since my chest has got bigger. No where near the size is was before but still enough to be embarrassing.

What i want to know is, is this my chest now or will i be closer to what i was in the first week after the operation???

Has anyone else gone through a similar issue and has it sorted itself?

Please Help!!

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
From what Ive experienced, difference from my pre operation and post operation was about 60-70 percent.. but im happy with the results.. you can check out my post..

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22421.0

I had this problem on the second week, where it swelled a lot.. because there was blood accumulating inside. (the Surgeon didnt put drains on me after surgery) so I went back to him and he removed the blood inside and size was reduced instantly. that happened twice.. not its 4months after the operation and its going well.. Check with your surgeon... Goodluck

Offline gyneguy1188

Honestly, to some extent I felt my chest was bigger than it was pre-op in the coming weeks right after my surgery. Every case varies, but one thing that is for certain is that placing extra, obsessive, and constant worry on the situation will absolutely not help the case. Remember to remind yourself to be patient. I am 1.5 years post-op and feel like my chest is finally fully tightening to what it will be.

Also, look at the positive side, you went from DD to where you are now! Congratulations man. There's no reason you shouldn't be over the moon!!!!

Finally, like I said every case is different. Dont be afraid to voice concerns to your doctor. I certainly did this, and the doctor can speak exactly to your case with plenty of experience regarding other surgeries. :)

Offline ukmale

cheers guys. Its just with the amount of embarrasment and pain ive been through over the years, i think i wrong expected this to be a miracle cure and at the moment im just so disappointed. Ive got my first check up with the PS on the 7th of june, which is 4 weeks post op and ill bring my concerns up with him. Ill just be devasted if he tells me this is my final results.

socovish

You have to ascertain the reason behind the bulge, is it seroma, hematoma, fluid collection, scar tissue?  Be aggressive and active as to what's causing it to bulge and find the right treatment soon.  The last thing you want to do is not address the problem and let scar tissue, if it is, harden and then you'll need revision surgery.  Proactiveness helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024