Author Topic: Before and 3 months After surgery pics (Only gland removal)  (Read 8928 times)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Surgical glue is occasionally used by surgeons for wound closure.  It will hold a wound together. 

But there is more to putting a wound together than just bringing the edges together -- That is why most surgeons use sutures.  Sutures are used not only to oppose the wound edges but also to evert them so that you will get a narrow, smooth, flat scar.  Oftentimes, when only glue is used, the wound edges turn inwards and result in a depressed scar.

Sometimes, surgeons use sutures underneath the surface and glue on the surface -- that is just fine.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I have a comment about surgery in general that would certainly apply here.  My experience and that of my partner is that when follicles get included in the scar in some ways that it becomes almost impossible to actually get smooth by shaving and can be most irritating with ingrown hairs and weird angles.  I am looking at only a total of 3 incisions in this so I don't have any great experience in this.  However, all three incisions have hairs so included, one on a female and two on a male with a total of about 8 annoying hairs.  Is this comfort matter normally paid attention to?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Many surgeons perform gyne surgery through a peri-areolar incision.  There are no hair follicles on the areola - but they indeed surround the areola.

I have never had the problems that you describe.

Dr Jacobs

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
Nice results dude!
How long did it take until it looked this good?

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member
Thanks!

These pics were 3 months after, but I remember it looked quite good even after 1-2 months. I don't think anyone noticed anything after 1 month when I was at the beach :). Probably someone knowing about these surgeries could've spotted the scars though, but normal people rarely stare at other guys' nipples ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024