Author Topic: Unilateral Gynecomastia  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Mr. F

• Posting Member
Hi...Im 5foot 6inches and Im about 140 pounds.  Im in great shape yet I have a puffy nipple on my right pec.  I went to the doctors and he told me I have gynecomastia and that it would go away.  He told me it could be from marijuanna. So I quit and its been 2months now.  Im never gonna go back to it since now that I have this one sided puffy nipple.  It makes me less confident and now I cant act normal or wear my small shirts.  I am 19 by the way and I noticed it in december of 2006.  Also I decided to stop squeezing my nipples because I feel like its gonna start growing.  Im thinking about surgery if this dosent go away but I looked all around the internet and never seen any sucess story of gynecomastia going away on its own.  Does anyone know how much surgery would be for one pec???  It feels like the gland is less then one inch.  Im in shape and everything and I stopped drinking alcohol so i really really hope it goes away.

DrBermant

Hi...Im 5foot 6inches and Im about 140 pounds.  Im in great shape yet I have a puffy nipple on my right pec.  I went to the doctors and he told me I have gynecomastia and that it would go away.  He told me it could be from marijuanna. So I quit and its been 2months now.  Im never gonna go back to it since now that I have this one sided puffy nipple.  It makes me less confident and now I cant act normal or wear my small shirts.  I am 19 by the way and I noticed it in december of 2006.  Also I decided to stop squeezing my nipples because I feel like its gonna start growing.  Im thinking about surgery if this dosent go away but I looked all around the internet and never seen any sucess story of gynecomastia going away on its own.  Does anyone know how much surgery would be for one pec???  It feels like the gland is less then one inch.  Im in shape and everything and I stopped drinking alcohol so i really really hope it goes away.

One sided or Unilateral) surgery is the ultimate in trying to make perfection since it can be very demanding to make a surgical site look like no surgery has been performed. You can see typical swelling after my unilateral one sided surgery here. And here is another example of my one sided sculpture.

I see many patients with asymmetrical gynecomastia. Actually it is quite common for the two sides to be different in size.  It is less common for one side to be large and the other have no problem at all.  Price of surgery depends on the problem to be treated.  Jane is my office manager and can better explain costs.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024