Author Topic: Ibuprofen and post-surgery pain management  (Read 2721 times)

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Does anyone know / remember why ibuprofen is not used as part of the post-surgery pain management process?  It seems most are prescribed T3's or percocets, and I recall my surgeon saying not to use ibuprofen.  But I can't recall why.  Wouldn't the anti-inflammatory properties of ibuprofen be beneficial?

But more importantly, how long do I have to wait before I can use ibuprofen again?  I'm 5 weeks post op and wanted to take one for a pain in the neck (literally, some times get a stiff neck from sleeping wrong), but wasn't sure if I should.

Is there a general recommendation to not use ibuprofen and if so, for how long?

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
did ur doctor not give u painkillers ? Would they not work for ur neck issues ?  they gave me only  6 anti-inflammatory tablets after surgery and like 50 or more painkillers... best bet would be to phone ur surgeon dude.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Yes, I received and still have many T3's. 

But experience with this sometimes frequent neck stiffness is that ibuprofen works best.  But more I was curious about why ibuprofen is not recommended after the surgery and for how long.

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Sorry waves i would not know and i dunno march seems to be a month of low activity on these forums not sure if any doctors are available to address concerns as these here..  ::)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024