Author Topic: pls advise...  (Read 4295 times)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
hey guys,

need ur help here..

went to dr. marfat yest, it turns out he offered excision with tumescent lipo.. he does lipo first and then removed the gland.. dunno if this is the procedure followed on a regular basis..

ok, so he does abt 15-20 per year.. his staff is good. he says complete flatness cant be achieved without actually cutting the gland out.. (excision).. i was pretty happy to hear that answer. he checked me overall, and i told him my concerns, symmetry, etc..

when i asked him how many incisions he makes, he said he will make as many incisions as he wants to get everything out. but usually, he says he will make 2 incisions, one uder the armpit and one below the areola.

he also told me that he can easily remove abt 600cc of fat from each side, just bythe  look and the feel of the chest area.

i later called his office in the evening and his secretary offered me that i can speak with one of the past patients. she will get back to me today and let me know if the previous patient is wiling to speak with me or not.,

he has a rev policy upto a yr i believe. again, anesthasie op room is the patients liability.

he showed me more pics that he has on his website. 2-3 pics were really ok types.. some were amazing! a complete transformation.

I asked him how much gland is removed. He said , 'all of it' .. the only thing im afraid is it may cause indentation/concavity. i did not ask him abt this, but the pictures he showed were not indented/concave. i kinda assume at this point that he gave me this answer to not get too technical as to why a small piece of tissue might be left behind.

He also said this cure is permanent. the procedure is abt 2 hrs long.

i really liked his demeanor and his professionalism. he was to the point and told me that mines is a very stariaghforwd case and i need exc + lipo. i shud be ok.. that was good to hear..

i dont want to be judgemental based on proximity and things i want to hear.

i hope to get some feedback from you all. can u think of any other Qs for the doc??

thx!!

oh! and his website:

http://www.drmarefat.com/

Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
What you described sounds good.  What it boils down to is if you are comfortable with this surgeon.  It sounds like he wants to get the gland out and has a reasonable revision policy.  As for talking to previous patients, it would probably be difficult to impossible to do so.  Federal privacy laws would prohibit the surgeon from disclosing any personal (including contact) information about his patients.  Keep us posted.   ;)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline desi

• Gold Member
hey jologs,

thx dude.. if u see on his site, the first pic.. is really close to my case... mine is slightly less severe than the one.. he showed me the same pic and said he will try to get somethin like that done.. anesthesia will be i think IV sedation, but i will confirm this point. thx for reminding.. he showed me more pics which were quite severe.. he was really slow while showing the pics.. guess he is not a comp freak... :) i think he had somethin lined up and after showing a couple of pics, he just said, ur case is simple and straightfwd, u just have to decide whether you want to get the surgery done. he was very polite and professional..

i will send u a pm regarding the charge..

Offline desi

• Gold Member
hey nip,

yea the secretary told me she will call this person, and try to see if he would be willing to speak with me. if so, she will pass on his contact details, and i can talk to him. she also mentioned that she has been working with dr saed for the past 16 yrs, and he is a thorough professional. im totally impressed with dr. saed. im just waiting for the secretary to get back to me.. if i cant talk to his ex-patient, thats fine also, but then it was her who suggested to do so. so im not sure... maybe they have a waiver kinda thing, whoi knows....:)

Offline Mr_Nip

I hope it works out that you can hear from that previous patient.  That would be pretty powerful.   Either way, I'm glad you've found someone you're so confident with.    :)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
yea Nip

Bang: thats the thing! Confidence!! I ahve been consulting a lot of surgeons, this was my 5thconsult... when it comes to gyno surgery, im freaking hard to please and convince.. but dr. saed was really sure abt what he needs to do. when i asked him how many surgeries he does each month/yr, he says its not an exact statistic. sometimes, there's no patient for the whole month, and sometimes, he has 3 -4 lined up for the month. he also told me that areas where there are more beaches, these surgeries are more in number, so for him performing gyno surgery is not as common as other surgeries.... he was honest and i really liked that...

thx nip...

Offline desi

• Gold Member
im still waiting to hear from the ps office  8)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i called the ps office today to follow up and they said they will try and get in touch with the ex-patient. still waiting to hear from them.. i dont want to start judging .. but its been 8 days now, and it looks like they might have over-committed..

i will be patient and wait to hear from them at least.. to at least let me know whether or not its possible to speak with their ex-patient.

what do u guys think?

Offline Mr_Nip

I'll bet the guy probably told them it would be ok to use him for reference, but it may be too difficult at this point for him to really go through with it.   Or maybe he's just on vacation and can't be reached.  I hope you get to talk to him, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the call.  I wouldn't base my decision on one person's testimony, either.   If it happens it happens.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
hey nip,

yup.. agreed....

though, my understanding is that once they have committed to somethin,the least i wud expect is they get back to me and tell me its not possible at this, thats fine! i wud not appreciate the fact that they say somethin and dont get back or co-ordinate with me to let me know any update.

maybe im being too skeptical, but thsi is a life changing procedure, iw ould like to stick with someone who does not over commit.. or does not give very high expectations and then fall short. Honestly, it was the staff's recommendation that if I want , i can speak with their ex-patient...i can understand if i asked for it..

hope this makes sense... :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 04:45:20 PM by desi »

Offline desi

• Gold Member
I received one reference from dr. marafat's office.. maybe i receive more next week.. i will speak withthe past patient and get an idea

i will keep the forum posted..:)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
ok... here's the update. ispoke tothe past patient and he seemed happy with whatever was done.. i hope i wil decide by this week.. :)

any advises? inputs? comments??

thx u all

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
based on your first post and a quick look, it sounds like he knows the basic routine. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i have scheduled my surgery with dr. marfat.. i have a pre op next week.. will confirm the date next week, i have a sore throat today, will wait for a few days before i get it done.. :)

one thing is, the secretary mentioned that i cud have surgery in 2 weeks... but dont i need to get a list of food that need to be eaten/avoided?

anyone went thru the same?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 02:04:29 PM by desi »

Offline desi

• Gold Member
when i went to dr. widder's office,(my last consult) they gave me a list of stuff not to eat... dr. marafat's office never told me anything ... they said du can eat anything the night before.. only thing is no vitamins, no whey protein.. etc...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024