Author Topic: 2 weeks post-op and developing pain  (Read 2868 times)

Offline patientx99

• Posting Member
Hi, new here. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. Gland excision, and a little lypo.

Immediately after felt no major pain, just a little discomfort. 2 weeks on, my left side appears to be swelling slightly and is becoming quite sore around the nipple. This started about a week ago (7 days post-op) and while i wouldnt say it has gotten progressively worse, it hasnt really gotten any better either.

The pain in my left side is not unbearable, but certainly annoying to the point where i cant really drive with that arm, or pick up any thing heavy.

My right side seems to be healing very well. Good shape, and no real discomfort and more.

Spoke to my PS and he said to keep ice pack on the area, and continue to use compression vest. That was 7 days ago, and it hasnt really made any difference. I will speak to him again.

Is it possibly a haematoma? (sorry for spelling?) I may have overdone it a little after surgery, as i thought i was better than i probably was. If it is, will it heal on its own?

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. HAS SURGERY 8 DAYS AGO AND THE PAIN HASN'T BEEN BAD AT ALL UNTIL LAST NIGHT. IT HURT LIKE HELL, I COULDN'T SLEEP IT WAS SO BAD.

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
yes unless you have just now finished ur supply of the presciption painkillers and thats why the pain resurfaced you should not be having sudden new pain which persists. A twinge here and there is ok.

you should see ur doctor asap. specially if the pain area has some increased swelling.

Offline patientx99

• Posting Member
Well a few days on and very oddly the pain (and most of the increased swelling) has subsided (...touch wood). Now both my left and right side seem to be healing fairly well.

I probably should have gone to the doctor, as it was a pretty big concern to me, and i was in quite alot of pain. But i was so pumped up on painkillers i was never really sure if i was imagining the added pain on 1 side.

Now the left side is just a little more swollen and tender, but not anything to be concerned about.

I think i definately over extended myself the first week after surgery. I feel as though i should have been better prepared though, because i felt ok, i just went about things normally.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024