Author Topic: Need a basic time frame  (Read 4247 times)

Offline NorCALSpeed

• Posting Member
  • Selling rocks for surgery bitches.
hey guys,

i am 2.8 weeks post op. i have been having a hard time finding a solid answer as to when i should start massage to get rid of the scar tissue. I still have a lot of swelling, and i can feel decent sized bands of scar tissue as well. im not worried about it being gland because right after surgery i had a much flatter chest, and i know further swelling can be expected, etc.

basically, at how many weeks should i be doing massage for scar tissue? my stitches only came out last week and its still kind of an open wound, so i think its a tad too soon. so when do i start the massage?

GynO_DuDe

Personally I started 3 weeks post op if I remember correctly ... it all depends on how you feel. My chest felt fine after 3 weeks, I even went back to the gym to do cycling and so on ... Im now 3 months post op and I still have a lump of scar tissue on my left breast it's taking its time to go away! some days it'll feel like nothings their and other days its so visible to me it seems to be coming and going ... Thing is though, I still can't get over the fact its ONLY 3 months ... and my doc did say give it atleast a year so its still VERY early and if im being honest, my current chest is DEFINITELY much better than how my chest was before operation.

Offline NorCALSpeed

• Posting Member
  • Selling rocks for surgery bitches.
i gotta say thats some awesome feedback. thank you. mine is still tender in places, and the area where the stitches were is still healing up. it actually looks like it got dyed dark blood color, yummy. my doctor said it's 6 months till all the swelling is really gone, so i assume the same if not longer for scar tissue. hey i figure i have a solid 6 months before it's pool time again. i can't wait to get back in the gym, the wait is killing me. i might start cycling at 4 weeks. thanks.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
My doc said 3 weeks post-op and showed me how to do it.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
My doc said 3 weeks post-op and showed me how to do it.

How did he say to do it? Any specific way?

My PS had mentioned something about not rubbing at all in the beginning, but only tender small presses with finger tips. It's been over 6 weeks for me and all is going well now, so I want to know how others are massaging for good results. I want to speed up the healing.
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
By 6  weeks, he said to use firm pressing movements with fingers directly at the are needed, a few times a day for a few minutes each time. If not sure, call your docs office and ask them. They should be glad to help you (as a satisfied customer is a good referral source for them).

Offline speck3

• Posting Member
My chest looked fantastic after I took my vest off  four weeks after the operation. Soon thereafter it starting puffing up again. After the first month I thought I needed revision. Second month I looked at my chest and said to myself what a waste of money the operation was. Even though it looked a little better I was still embarrassed to take my shirt off. I felt this way for the next couple of months. It is now 5 months post op and my chest almost looks like it did after I first took my vest off. My wife can't beleive the transformation in swelling over the past few months. I guess everyone heels differently. Give it at least 5 months. It appears to be getting better with time. I now am more than comfortable taking my shirt off and am very happy with the results. If it stays this way I'm happy but I have a feeling with a little more time even will get even flatter.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024