Author Topic: post-op dilemma  (Read 1719 times)

Offline SDfiveSIX

• Posting Member
I'm 5 weeks post-op... my chest looks much better, but I know I still have a long journey ahead of me...

My problem is that... Mentally, I feel as if I did pre-op. I tend to avoid social outtings and avoid hanging out with friends... I guess I think that if I go out, they'll be able to tell (due to the scar tissue pushing out my chest area... much much better than before, but still a little visible). My mindset is focusing on recovering... wearing a compression garment and STILL just lounging around. I have no problem going to the gym and working out... but I'm still trying to avoid those that I know... Anyone who has had surgery feel this way?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I can't say that I had this particular issue with post-op healing, however I did become very depressed for about a week shortly after surgery. It was a tough time. Post-Op  recovery can be at times, an emotional roller-coaster ride dude.

Don't worry about it too much. You're only 5 weeks in. Give yourself some more time to heal physically and mentally...  ;) 

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024