Author Topic: Post Surgery effects  (Read 2636 times)

Offline hellbent

• Posting Member
Hi. I had my gynecomastia surgery done 2 weeks ago. Everything seemed fine but for the past 1 week I noticed a big swelling in my one breast. I asked my doctor if this is normal and he told me that it is and that it will fade out as time goes by. But I am a bit anxious since I monitor it the last 7 days and it doesn't seem to wear of.

What I am actually asking is if it is normal to notice swelling developing a week after the surgery and if this will go away in time.

Thanx

Offline MacBook

• Posting Member
Yes it's normal. If your chest was flat after surgery then things should turn out fine in the long run. It can take up to a month for swelling to subside. If you notice a hard lump starting to form it is more than likely scar tissue. This is also normal but can take anywhere from 5 weeks to a year to clear up. I had surgery about 3 months ago and still have hard scar tissue. If it doesn't clear up my December I am going to look into getting kenalog shots. Hope this helps. Good luck and keep that P.M.A. (positive mental attitude)

Offline MacBook

• Posting Member
And wear a tight compression vest 24/7 for 6 weeks.

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
Yes it's normal. If your chest was flat after surgery then things should turn out fine in the long run. It can take up to a month for swelling to subside. If you notice a hard lump starting to form it is more than likely scar tissue. This is also normal but can take anywhere from 5 weeks to a year to clear up. I had surgery about 3 months ago and still have hard scar tissue. If it doesn't clear up my December I am going to look into getting kenalog shots. Hope this helps. Good luck and keep that P.M.A. (positive mental attitude)

thanks it helps me since I have same problem

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024