Author Topic: So I finally had surgery today - small question  (Read 2339 times)

Offline bamboocha

• Posting Member
Hi guys,
after having the condition for some 17 years, I finally had surgery around 7 hours ago in local anaesthesia. It was a really wierd experience. The total time I spent in the clinic was around 2 and a half hours! I had a very mild case compared to most of guys on this site, but I still don't know how everyone says that the operation usually lasts around 2 hours. I was in the OR for 30-40 minutes! And that was lipo and excision. The strangest thing is that I have almost NO pain whatsoever right now, and I didn't take any pain pills. Cool, this is MUCH much better than I expected.

Anyhow, I have one question for those who underwent this surgery... When i press my chest I can feel and even HEAR the fluid moving. The feeling is like I have bubbles under the skin. Is this normal, did anyone else experience this?
I will definately ask my doctor this in a few days when I go for a checkup.

Thanks!

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
Didn't your doctor put any drains on you?

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
You may have fluid build up, you should ask your doctor.  I had drains so I did not experience this problem, but I was warned about hematomas which will swell the chest up big and must be treated immediately.

Offline bamboocha

• Posting Member
No I don't have drains. LUckily, this seems to be subsiding now. And I don't have any swelling.

Offline skv001

• Posting Member
Hi Bamboocha,
Can you please let me know if the bubbles went away by themselves?  I had surgery on sept 25th and i am having the same feeling in my right chest  :(

Thanks!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024