Author Topic: 1 week post op  (Read 1969 times)

Offline nikolas

• Posting Member
Ok guys...a few more hours and it will be one week after surgery. Some comments:

1) activities are pretty much back to normal...ready for work on Monday.

2) no real pain yet. Am amazed I never had to take any pain meds. Hopefully it continues this way.

3) vest is annoying me but I feel weird when I take it off to shower. I'll wear it 24/7 at least until my next appt with dr on 2/9/09.

4) lots of bruising (yellow); swelling has gone down considerably and chest is taking up a more normal shape. Left side is still a bit more swollen above the nipple area. Nipples still have some tape towards the bottom at incision area. Dr said to keep then until they fall out.

5) feeling good BUT am begining to realize it will be a while until in back to normal. Before I used to put bandaids on my nipples to take away the puffinness. With the bandaids I would look normal with tight shirt on...so by back to normal I mean going back to being in shape, with shirts minus the bandaids. The lack of work out is actually bothering me. I feel that I will have to start from scratch when I get back having lost most of my muscles and shape...also concerned about getting a gut without doing any cardio or ab work

6) having said the above my main concern is still my hope that I will be satisfied with the results and shape of my chest once healing/recovery is complete. With hard work I can get back into shape but the surgery results are realy out of my hands....here is to hoping I'll be happy with it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024