Author Topic: More appreciative as time goes by...  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
For those of you who have been post-op for 6 months or more, do you feel more and more appreciative (as more time passes) of the fact that you are free from the Curse?

I'm 2 weeks away from being 4 years post-op. Looking back on the early days of post-op (up to a year), I thought cool... the gyne is gone and left it at that. However, now that some years have passed, I feel much more appreciative that it's gone. I suppose that's the psychological healing taking affect.

Resident Docs, Merle... what do you think?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline biggieboobs

• Posting Member
hey. i know this aint answering your questions... and i wouldent know cause i am a week post op right now. how long did it take for the psychological healing take affect for you. are you 100% mentally balanced now that you are 4 years into being gyno free?

Offline strato

• Posting Member
I am only 2 months post-op now and I am already feeling great. Even though I still have that hardness in some parts of my chest and the incision scar and even the lipo scar is still noticible. I also have a little puffiness under the areola due to scar tissue. You see I have a lot way to go but still feel great. I can't think of 1 year from now.

Another thing, I think I became much more sensitive about my chest now. Firstly I am frequently checking them out (at home, at work where I can find the opportunity) to see if it is all going ok there and if there is happenning any re-growth or someting like that. Secondly I haven't started working my chest yet and I don't want to. Because I don't want to see them any bigger even if it is all muscle. Can you guys tell if this also continues like that or you get used to it and care less as time passes by.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

hey. i know this aint answering your questions... and i wouldent know cause i am a week post op right now. how long did it take for the psychological healing take affect for you. are you 100% mentally balanced now that you are 4 years into being gyno free?

All the G related stress/anxieties were pretty much gone right after surgery. However, as each day passes, I appreciate more and more the fact that my G is gone. It's a difficult feeling to describe...

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Can you guys tell if this also continues like that or you get used to it and care less as time passes by.

Well, nobody can say for sure how you will feel in the long term. However, as the wounds heal up, and it's not as 'in-your-face' as it is now, in time, it will probably not be as big an issue and you will not be as obsessed with the whole situation.

Hang in there dude... It does get better!  ;)

GB

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
this is so great to here! im not even one month post op yet.. but I definitely feel different

first of all, i never noticed how much better i felt until i "screwed up" and fluid started collecting after the drains were out. my skin stretched to at least pre-op size. i went back to wearing two shirts and a sweater. it was amazing how fast my life changed post-op. i was walking around with a shirt off and everything.

Now, im still getting drained every couple of days and its slowing down... im finally getting back to wearing just a tee and a sweater again, which is nice. I also have it wrapped up too

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024