Author Topic: Six week post op comments with PICS  (Read 2917 times)

Offline nikolas

• Posting Member
Hey guys. Have not posted updates in a while...Had my surgery 1/15/09 so its approx six weeks after. Here are my thoughts:

1) Everything starts feeling normal after week 4. Pain is very minimal after 4 weeks and it is only concentrated on the areola area. Even there I dont feel pain when I touch it. I suppose I would feel pain if someone hit me or pinched me. I notice slight discomfort at times sleeping on my stomach but at week 4 I was able to start doing that as well. Range of motion is back completely. No restrictions.

2) Vest - I went to the dr on week 4. He told me I no longer needed the vest. For the remained of week 4 I wore it during the day time. I have not worn it at all for the past 2 weeks.

3) swelling/bruising - swelling was mostly gone by week 4. At week 6 swelling is all gone. Interestingly enough I still have a slight yellowish bruising on my upper right chest. It has been slowly fading away but it is still there at week 6. Dr said not to worry about it.

4) Work out - Went back to the gym at week 4. Started out light. By week 5 I was back to my regular work outs. It felt GREAT to go to the gym in a normal shirt and not having to worry about gyne!!!

5) Overall thoughts on op: I think it is DEFINITELY worth it. One side effect of gyne, I think, is you become obsessed with your chest. Right now I look at it and I think my right side is not perfect..but in reality hardly anybody has a perfect chest, and it looks normal to 99% of the population. Most of all, I can wear any shirt and not have to worry. It looks good. So, I am satisfied overall and do not regret having the surgery at all. In fact, I am thankful every day that I went through with it.

6) I think it is now safe to say that I am very satisfied with my dr here in L.A. He did a great job and knows about gyne. He and his staff were always very accessible. If anyone is considering doing this procedure in los angeles feel free to send me a message and I would definitely recommend him.

Alright guys...here are the pics. First two are shirtless and last one is my fave! Wearing a tight shirt AND looking normal!! yay. Your comments are appreciated..

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Would be great to see some before pictures to see what the difference is. But, looking at the way you look now, you should be very happy!

Offline budselect

• Posting Member
damn! looks great man, that last pic with the shirt on - im jealous!
22 y/o
Los Angeles, Ca
Puffy Nipples for 3 years!!! Sucks...

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Yeah, I haven't seen any before pics.  But regardless, your chest looks great.

I'm guessing your case was pretty mild.

Still though, you look good!
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline nikolas

• Posting Member
unfortunately I did not take before pics. My gyne started around 2 yrs ago as a result of taking propecia. It was a mild case but enough that I was not comfortable wearing a shirt. My nipples became puffy and portruded through shirts. The last thing on my mind was taking pics of my cause of stress and anger. After the fact though I certainly should have in order to compare with results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024