Author Topic: Job interview day after surgery - HELP!!  (Read 2943 times)

Offline epoxy

Guys, I'm getting my surgery and the very next day I have a job interview scheduled.  I really don't want to be a prick and reschedule the job interview due to the fact that I knew about my surgery beforehand and I didn't think about/mention it to the HR person I talked with.  What should I do? Reschedule my surgery? Will I be able to drive the day after my surgery and get through an interview??

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Yeah, you'd probably be able to drive.  But I know for sure you don't want to get through an interview feeling the way you feel after surgery.  Not to mention that your body doesn't need that either.  At all, seriously.

I would reschedule the surgery if the job is really important to you.  Most job interviews are a serious thing for people in the career field.  So I say reschedule the surgery and do a good interview feeling your best.  You can always ask for some time off and explain the situation after getting the job.  And if you don't get it, you just have to wait a little longer (maybe a month).

Good luck!
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
Reshedule I say,

You dont need the added stress, plus no doubt youll be trying to sit up straight in an uncomfortable position, youll still have pain killers in your system so youll look a  little like the 'un dead'.. and you wont be quick to answer their questions if you know what I mean.

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
Reschedule if you can, man. Day 2 was probably one of, if not THE worst day for me post-op. I could barely get out of bed, I was sore as shit and all I could do was watch tv and try to sleep. A job interview in that condition would have been completely out of the question for me.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
My gut reaction is to tell you to reschedule.

However, I'll just say that my own case was fairly mild, and I got surgery earlier today and I feel absolutely fine right now.

Tomorrow might be a different story. I don't care about a bit of pain (the pain of living with gynecomastia for 15 years is a million times worse than any pain after surgery)

But this is a job interview we're talking about here
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline thetodd

your not supposed to drive till 48 hours after surgery

and you wouldnt want to!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024