Author Topic: How many grams of gland did they take out of you?  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I think they took 16 grams from me (though I'm not sure if that's altogether or on each side) and I forget how much fat they removed.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline thetodd

18 grams for me mate, youl get a letter in the post sometime next week saying how much fat/gland was removed

i had 600ml of fat id guess yours is going to be bellow 100ml
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
18 grams for me mate, youl get a letter in the post sometime next week saying how much fat/gland was removed

i had 600ml of fat id guess yours is going to be bellow 100ml

Oh, cool.
Yeah you probably had a little more adipose/fat in the area, but judging from your pics you're the right weight overall. 600 ml is a bit of a mind darn! That's like over a pint!

How's is everything going with you now - has it swollen up, is there much scar tissue?

Offline thetodd

yeah more swollen on the right than the left, and my nipple on the left is a diffent shape to the right (because of the swelling)

but im still totally happy, no scar tissue yet just swelling but i did have a big wack of liposuction

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
yeah more swollen on the right than the left, and my nipple on the left is a diffent shape to the right (because of the swelling)

but im still totally happy, no scar tissue yet just swelling but i did have a big wack of liposuction

Yeah, you did. There are much worse cases though, we can both count ourselves fairly lucky I guess

(btw they change a certain f-word into "darn" on these forums...)

Offline creative

• Bronze Member
Interesting thread...

I had 50g from one side and 60g from the other.  ::)

Offline bmwman

• Posting Member
Had about 800 cc from each side!!

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
I believe lipo was 500cc and gland excised 17gr LHS 12gr RHS...
The PS will show me the pics this Saturday. Eager to see those.

DrBermant

I think they took 16 grams from me (though I'm not sure if that's altogether or on each side) and I forget how much fat they removed.

The amount of gland / fat removed can vary greatly from patient to patient. I have posted a Picture Gallery of Gynecomastia Gland Removed, the pictures can be quite graphic.  There are links on each image that will then bring you to pages of details of the problem that the gland came from.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline freefromG

• Bronze Member
i had bilateral gland excision two days ago. feeling pretty good in general, bit hard to sleep well on your back but. Had to stay in over night because of drains. My PS said that he there wasnt too much there but he removed 10 gms on the RHS and 12 on the left, he said that he did not take any fat (which i didnt think he would anyway) but for some reason i was expecting there to be more taken out?...had a quick look the next day when the drain got taken out and redressed and puffy nipples were nowhere to be seen.
I think im having a bit of swelling that can be seen through the vest, i suppose this is normal...good to hear from others that are goin thru the same shit at a similar time.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have removed from 2 grams up to almost 300 grams (near 2/3 of a pound) from each breast on various patients. And the amount removed from each side on the same patient can vary as well. What is really important is how much is left behind in order to keep the remaining tissues smooth and nicely contoured.

Liposuction, used either before or after gland excision, is a wonderful adjunct to help to provide final shape and contour to the chest.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024