Author Topic: 4 days post Op - comments and pics  (Read 10502 times)

Offline maybemaybe

• Posting Member
Well,  went through with it, still a bit shocked I did, but not soon enough.
Read comments on here re surgeons. I live in London, so went for a consul with Dr. Karidis. Seemed perfectly competent if not a little rushed! The consul didn't last long at all, but I think he gathered I'd read quite a bit before attending. He's a very calm character and comes across very knowledgeable.
I also had 2 extra nipples on the abdomen that I asked to be removed and a large mole on my back. The extra nipples just looked like birthmarks but, in for a penny.....
Ok, went in on 1st Oct. The date seemed to come around so fast. Went to the hospital at 730, I was 2nd in surgery at 9am. Dr. Karidis came in to mark me up, take pictures and discuss anything. Wasn't much to say really! The Anesthesiologist  also came in to discuss the procedure. All very friendly.
I did make a rather weird request that I wanted them to take a picture of the gland they took out. The reason being, 1 curiosity, and 2, my friends have said just go to the gym.  I wanted to show them that there was stuff in there that the gym wouldn't fix.
Came around in recovery room at 11:15. Felt quite sick and dizzy from anesthetic, but remember asking the nurses all weird questions about private health care :-s no idea why!
Continued to feel a bit sick and genially crap, but think it’s because I hadn’t eaten for 12 hours and was a bit of a migraine. Felt better once Id had my cup of tea and some food.
I did not see Dr. Karidis again which I didn’t expect, his nurse came to see me re what to expect and what to do with the dressings. I would have preffered Dr. Karidis to be honest. She forgot to mention my extra nipples had steri strips on. Changing the dressings for 1st time I didn’t know what they were or what i should do with them. Had to call my mum who’s a nurse.
For 1st 2 days, generally not much pain at all. Hardly any painkillers, just more discomfort than anything. Sleeping was a pain as I don’t like sleeping on my back. The vest was black, which means I have to buy new shirts for work so it doesn’t show thru. Never thought about it but surely there’s a range of colours for diff skin types? Vest is annoying, but get used to it. I seemed to be totally bloated after surgery, but went after day 4.

The big reveal!!! Took dressings off , was VERY nervous. I was quite disappointed yet had to remind myself it had only been 2 days. What I didn’t like:
1.   The chest was flat, yes, but there seemed to be pockets of fat under the arm that hadn’t been touched as discussed in the consul. The marks were there as if it was going to be done, but no pain or tenderness to suggest it had been. Means from side looks great, from front looks like there’s bulbous bits under the arms. Maybe just be swelling though.
2.   I was told the entrance point for lipo would be in the crease of the arm, ie not visible. Infact they were about 1 cm from under the arm so despite not very big are visible when arms are down relaxed as normal. Not happy about that.
3.   One side of the chest seems to be flatter than the other ie more taken out. Not a lot, but I’ve noticed, others may not.
4.   One nipple seems to be half sunken compared to the other. Again I keep telling myself I must wait for things to settle.

Good things:
1.   I’m flat!!! From the side it looks great. Tried on a tshirt and a thin jumper and even with the vest on it looked normal for once rather than a pointy boob showing!
Taking arnica, will start will gel soon and drinking pineapple juice.
Just one thing, on day 4 post op, i was getting so bored staying in so went for a walk. On way back got VERY dizzy and nearly fell over a few times. It was as very weird and quite scary. Face went a bit numb too. Not experienced anything like that before. Don’t underestimate the affect surgery can have on you. I think I walked too far and got too hot in the vest.
Arranged a follow up on 5th Nov. It’s a waiting game now.

Offline sufferingtolong

• Posting Member
your results look really great my friend hardly any bruising , you could be my gyno twin . I'm in for srugery in 3 days very excited!

Offline maybemaybe

• Posting Member
Hope it all goes well for ya.

Forgot to sat, Dr. Karidis removed 2g of gland from each side and 500ml of fat, which isn't a lot of gland apparently, it was mostly fat. 

Can't wait to get in the gym and get rid of the rest of the fat, fit bod here I come.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline maybemaybe

• Posting Member
An update.....

I mentioned about feeling constantly dizzy.....well a few days later it didnt get any better and i lost feeling in my hands and feet, blood pressure went to 165/115 , not good. was about to admitted to hospital but they suggested I stopped taking the Arnica incase it was that. Well it was... two days after not taking it things were back to normal....i'd had a severe reaction to it and a fookin scary experience!

I wish someone had pointed out there may be side effects with this stuff!

Left pec is fine, love it. the right still looks pointy and there's a hard band under the skin from the nipple around to the side. So far I'm quite disappointed but realise i must wait. the horror with Arnica didn't help either. will sort another picture out soon.   Bruising is appearing in new places now, but some has gone.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
congrats on ur surgery! thanks for posting ur experience this site is great. especially the bit about the arnica will come in handy for anyone else who seems to feel the same as everyone reacts different.

i dont mean to sound funny but u have said that u are disapointed a bit but judging from ur pre op pics, there is a massive difference and no offence but u did have quite a big case of gyno. but i suppose nothing can be perfect with reguards surgery think u should be over the moon with those results tho man.

thanks again for the post as i am hopin to go with karidis soon

Offline maybemaybe

• Posting Member
I guess it's about personal expectations and hopes.

For me, the goal was to be able to wear a tshirt or  thin jumper and not have the pointy man-boob affect. So far left pec is fine for that, but the right still sticks out with a point.

I was v self conscious before for that v reason and that reason is still there even after surgery on the right side, that's why I'm disappointed.

With any luck it will just be swelling and will go down, if not....will have to find the money from somewhere to get it corrected. Keep in mind the pics u see are from 2 days after the Ops. Will take another soon.

Offline Frank Reynolds

• Posting Member
The results are impressive.  Your skin tightened up immediately, which is great since it doesn't happen for everyone.  Give your chest time to heal, focus on other parts of your day to day life and let your body look after the injuries it sustained.  You were patient enough to do your homework and find a good surgeon, so be patient now and let the results happen naturally.  One step at a time.  Congratulations and happy healing.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
yes i do agree with u about expectations but due to ur level of gyne i think its amazing would be chuffed hopefully things will even out mate keep us posted

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Nice results and hope you are happy.

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
how did your follow up go ?

Also, what did you tell Karidis to do when he came to see you the morning before surgery?

Offline maybemaybe

• Posting Member
The follow up went as expected. Basically his advice was wait and it's too early to see what it will end up as.

Left pec is fine still. The right still had a hard band about 8cm long going round the bottom of the nipple. I'm guessing this is scar tissue. Massaging just seems to make it worse and harder, but gona continue as this can take a while to go. Karidis said this could be a mixture of scar and fluid build up. Personally i think it's the former only now. I asked about injections but he said he wouldnt condider it for at least a yr. Wasn't too happy about that, but i am going back in march and if it's still the same i will push for them. The right does have a bit more volume still, presumably fat, and he was fine with the idea of revision surgery if it was needed.

It was all very rushed tho, as if he wanted me out as soon as possible. get the impression its all about the money for him now, I dont know, maye have it wrong. However, he was pleasant throughout.

Mentioned about the Arnica reaction I had that nearly put me in A and E which he said he'll do a bit more research on.

I just hope this band of hard lumpiness goes eventually as it's making the area stick out, not as much as before but noticable compared tot he totally flat left pec. Ho hum, just trying to get on with it and not think about it too much

what do you mean what did I tell Karidis to do in the morning b4 surgery? not sure what u mean .....

and thanks for the comments people!

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
just wandaring about the scar tissue is it visible through t shirts etc? or is it purely the feel of it wich is weird? what does the injections do also?

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
hi dvisionj, personally i can see what you mean about the bulbous areas although its still way to early to tell how the end result will be. I think from the side it looks natural but only you can be the judge of that...What i meant was did you have a chat with Karidis on the morning of the surgery? Did he ask about the parts that bothered you etc. Im in with him Tuesday week and i'm going to try and be as specific about what i want out and where...

At the end of the day hes getting £2500 of our money so i'd like to think he will eventually deliver on whatever he promises at the consultation.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hey niceguy! do u mean ur having ur op this tuesday? or just consultation, cause i had a consultation with him but felt it was hard to explain exactly what u want i have more of a gland issue i think. i guess he will discuss this when he is doin his markings etc.

if u are having surgery good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024