Author Topic: still scar tissue ?  (Read 2648 times)

Offline demfranchizeboy

• Posting Member
hey
Im nearly 10 months post op. I had lipo only because my doc said there is only fat and no gland.
so here is my problem. i can still feel some hard/flexible tissue under my nipps, but it´s definetily no fat.
Im worried that it could be gland tissue, and my doce made a mistake. or could it be scar tissue and it
will go away ?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It's highly unlikely that it would be scar tissue after 10 months...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline user87

• Silver Member
I think so, too.
it's either a bit of gland or some fat left,
i think it's a gland problem
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 05:54:24 AM by user87 »

DrBermant

hey
Im nearly 10 months post op. I had lipo only because my doc said there is only fat and no gland.
so here is my problem. i can still feel some hard/flexible tissue under my nipps, but it´s definetily no fat.
Im worried that it could be gland tissue, and my doce made a mistake. or could it be scar tissue and it
will go away ?

If the residual problem is just firm tissue without a contour problem, there are limitations as to what surgery can offer.  If there is firm tissues that interfere with the contour of movement, then there may be a valid concern.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.  These views include ones that tend to show issues that are visible on animation.  Standard Movies to Evaluate Gynecomastia and Scars are even more sensitive to demonstrate issues on motion.

How Soon Do You See Results After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on many factors, we tend to see instant results for my patients.  However, I prefer to optimize Healing After My Male Chest Surgery such that early results are possible.

Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees. Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care,
Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Liposuction is great for fat, but does not do well for gland at all.  As shown in the anatomy link, there are usually fingers of gland between fingers of fat.  Liposuction no matter what technique (sharp cutting cannula, specially designed cannula, ultrasonic, laser, or "smart") targets the fat first.  Remove the fat and the gland remains behind condensing the fingers making a firm mass.

Even if the doctor achieves a flatter chest, that firm mass does not look like fat, move like fat, or compress like fat.  It just does not move well or look good (especially on animation).  That is why few doctors will show results with chest muscles tightened or arms up over the head or movies showing the tissues in motion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
will go away ?

If you were flat and smooth after surgery, and if your surgeon believes he removed all the excess tissues, and if you have not taken any anabolic steroids or other gyne-producing drugs, then it is likely that you have scar tissue.  Scar tissue can indeed remain for ten months or even longer -- it doesn't always go away.  And no person, patient or surgeon, can tell by feel alone what your tissue truly is.

You might be best advised to return to your surgeon for a discussion and consideration of a kenalog injection.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline demfranchizeboy

• Posting Member
hey thank you,
right after my surgery, the chest was complete flat, after 1 or 2 weeks hard tissue built behind the nipps.
my surgeon said that he took all the fat out, I had lipo only because my doc said, there is only fat, he made a ultrasound.
and I didnt take steroids or drugs.
right now Im not happy with the results, on my left side i can see my pec muscel and behind the nippel a small tissue,
but the right side is bigger then the left and i can feel a bigger tissue behind the nippel. before surgery my surgeon said, that the right
site had more fat.

sorry english is not perfect  ;)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Then you might return to your surgeon to discuss the issue.  Oftentimes what you are feeling is a combination of swelling, early scar tissue, and some tissue that the surgeon deliberately left in order to prevent cratering.  Sometimes massage may help with this -- but the timing and method of the massage is best left up to the recommendations of your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
im 7 months post - similar situation to the poster of this thread. left side sweels when I go to the gym and have an agressive chest work out and\or massage the region.

For example last night it was only a lil swollen and i massaged it for 5 minutes and it instantly swelled up. It usually takes 2 days for the swelling to go down.

Note: the scar tissue is getting smaller and smaller as the months tic by.. .even if i dont touch it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024