Author Topic: 3 weeks post op  (Read 2962 times)

Offline ballin21

Im 3 weeks post op and im wondering about swelling. when i went to have my drains removed 3 days after the opperation my chest was completly flat. im now 3 weeks post op and my right nipple is puffy and my left one is just a little bit. Is this just swelling or did he not remove enough gland. I have a post op appointment 2 and a half months from now so ill ask him then whats going on. plz help

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
im like 4 weeks out and mine is still swelled up to...and my left side is healin faster than the left.  It's normal don't worry about it. 

I have more feeling in my left than right also...waaaay more feeling.

Fluffy( o )v( o )...
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
ballin, sounds normal to me. 

fluffy, just curious, did you get the sense he had to do more work on the right side? 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Swelling is normal and extremely variable.  In fact, many times one side may be more swollen than the other (perhaps you have been sleeping on one side?).  As long there is no free fluid under the skin, then the swelling should eventually subside -- be patient.

The only thing you should be doing is wearing a really snug compression garment -- for as long as possible.  And obviously refrain from strenuous exercise for at least a month after the operation.

Keep the faith -- it will get better.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Im 3 weeks post op and im wondering about swelling. when i went to have my drains removed 3 days after the opperation my chest was completly flat. im now 3 weeks post op and my right nipple is puffy and my left one is just a little bit. Is this just swelling or did he not remove enough gland. I have a post op appointment 2 and a half months from now so ill ask him then whats going on. plz help

Three weeks can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

How Tissues Evolve After Gynecomastia Surgery depend on many factors. Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees causing different degrees of swelling and bruising.  Each side can have a different degree of swelling, especially if the problem was different to begin with.

Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care, Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor. 

I encourage my patients to call immediately if they have questions or concerns, not to wait until their next follow up.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024