Author Topic: i had liposuction done on my chest. have a question  (Read 2426 times)

Offline christof1

• Posting Member
hey guys, i am 17 years old(18 in 2 months) and i am 5"9 160 pounds. i am very lean in every part of my body expect for my chest. my nipples seem to stick out and the glandular tissue seperates the nipple from my chest.  i went to a surgeon to get surgery and he said if i removed the tissue i would scar and have worse problems. he said my nipple could cave in or deform in a way. so he suggested i only do liposuction to remove all the fat. so i did just that and he removed 1 pound of fat from my chest. it is now 4 days after surgery and my chest is a bit smaller but the difference isn't that great. once the swelling and brusing goes down, do you think it will look a lot better?

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
To get some helpful answers mate, I would recommend getting some pics up, or waiting and seeing your DR

DrBermant

hey guys, i am 17 years old(18 in 2 months) and i am 5"9 160 pounds. i am very lean in every part of my body expect for my chest. my nipples seem to stick out and the glandular tissue seperates the nipple from my chest.  i went to a surgeon to get surgery and he said if i removed the tissue i would scar and have worse problems. he said my nipple could cave in or deform in a way. so he suggested i only do liposuction to remove all the fat. so i did just that and he removed 1 pound of fat from my chest. it is now 4 days after surgery and my chest is a bit smaller but the difference isn't that great. once the swelling and brusing goes down, do you think it will look a lot better?

4 days can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

Swelling after surgery can hide results.  How Tissues Evolve After Gynecomastia Surgery depend on many factors. Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical methods injure tissues to different degrees. I prefer techniques that minimize injury and after surgery swelling.  Being patient helps. Once swelling resolves, the contour may be fine.

The body typically needs to heal before considering revision surgery. Rushing into secondary surgery can be a mistake unless there are complications that need to be addressed or the next surgery is component of a staged procedure.  Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care, Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Liposuction is great for fat, but does not do well for gland at all.  As shown in the anatomy link, there are usually fingers of gland between fingers of fat.  Liposuction no matter what technique (sharp cutting cannula, specially designed cannula, ultrasonic, laser, or "smart") targets the fat first.  Remove the fat and the gland remains behind condensing the fingers making a firm mass.  Even if the doctor achieves a flatter chest, that firm mass does not look like fat, move like fat, or compress like fat.  It just does not move well or look good (especially on animation).  That is why few doctors will show results with chest muscles tightened or arms up over the head or movies showing the tissues in motion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024