Author Topic: Did anyone develop a seroma following surgery?  (Read 3999 times)

Offline dave2009

• Bronze Member
Hi guys,

I'm 14 days post op. I've developed a golf ball size hard lump almost under my arm and they say it's a seroma.

Just wondered if anyone else had one!

Many thanks.

Offline F-NIch

• Posting Member
I have a bigger one on my left side and a smaller one on my right side.  About the size of my index finger.  Doc says it's normal and will go away in time.  I'm 12 days post op.

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Yep, I have them (I'm 21 days post op).

One on my right side between my nipple and my arm pit (kinda close to the incision, but not right under it.

And I have two on my left side. Again, one between my nipple and arm pit and one on left side under the arm pit.

They aren't really visible when my arms are down, but if I left my arms over my head, they are easy to see.

I presume they are fluid build up, but I'm definitely going to ask my PS about them at my 5 week checkup. The good news is that they keep changing.

Offline dave2009

• Bronze Member
Don't worry mate, my surgeon says they will do down on their own but DO get them checked out asap.

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
your doc. can drain them, give him a call, i had my drained.

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
your doc. can drain them, give him a call, i had my drained.
What did it entail, exactly?

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
first a small needle with anesthesia then a larger gauge needle sucks out the plasma. its very important to compress your chest after because my seroma came back. it didnt hurt at all, and i highly recommend it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024