Author Topic: 29 days post-op, a few concerns...  (Read 3670 times)

Offline bv3131

• Posting Member
Hey guys, so I had my gyno surgery 29 days ago (gland removed, no lipo).  I'm still wearing my compression garments, velcro binder during the night and compression vest during the day.  My chest definitely looks flatter than it did before, but I have a few concerns.  First, I have had large, puffy nipples since I was a kid (for about 7 years now).  After the surgery, they are a tiny bit smaller than before and, of course, not as puffy.  However, it seems like there is some loose skin that is very apparent when I flex my chest muscles; you can see the rippling/folding on the bottom half of my nipples.  Will this go away with time?  Also, the scars are very dark red and are very obvious (as well as still pretty sore), is this normal?  My last concern is that there are still areas above my nipples in my mid-pec area that are sunken in and this is much more obvious when I raise my arms above my head.  Can anybody address these issues?  Also, would you recommend to continue wearing my compression garments 24/7 now that is has been a month post-op?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline bv3131

• Posting Member

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
29 days is way to early to worry about your result. Your chest is going to change a lot over the next few months, give it time.

Scars lighten, swelling decreases, and things begin to even out.

Just be patient!

Check with your surgeon about when to stop the compression garments. It is best to follow his/her advice.

Best of luck!

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
This was the same way my chest was, I am sorry to say you probably have the crater deformity. If you lift your arms above your head and there is a hole, then you will need a revison to fix this, or live with it. It sucks I know, I am suffering from it myself. It will not improve with time.

Offline bv3131

• Posting Member
This was the same way my chest was, I am sorry to say you probably have the crater deformity. If you lift your arms above your head and there is a hole, then you will need a revison to fix this, or live with it. It sucks I know, I am suffering from it myself. It will not improve with time.

Any other opinions on this?  I'm now 42 days post-op and still have slight indentation in the middle of my pecs (though it does look like it has improved a bit).  What is this from?  The area where it is indented is way above where any tissue should have been removed.  I originally thought it was from the drains that they put in because it was in that area and the nurse said that the drains could create some extra suction that could suck that area in.  But now that the drains have been out for 5 weeks, I assumed it would have gone away.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024