Author Topic: 7 Months After Surgery (Pics)  (Read 17069 times)

Offline Badboy3

• Posting Member

My Gynecomastia surgery went off without any problems. I was in some pain on the ride home, mostly being on the meds and having a sore chest so I was a bit cranky. The next morning, I was very sore, I had the compression vest on and slept on my back. Leaning forward made the vest feel like 20 pounds, it didn't hurt it was just uncomfortable.

I also had the drains which sucked. The rubber was stuck to my skin which gave me a rash and I was worried about sleeping on them and either blowing fluids back into my chest or all over the couch. I slept and lived on the living room couch for the next 2 weeks. I didn't show or anything so I smelled pretty bad. I read on this forum that someone recommended eating pineapples to cut down on the scars and help healing so I did that. It seems like it worked to an extent as my scars aren't too visible in my mind but I didn't expect them to be completely gone. I did use Mederma scar ointment when I had another skin surgery, and it was like $20--skip it, it doesn't work.

The drains were emptied about twice a day and I took my meds too. I didn't get buzzed off them so that was a bit disappointing.

The Results
I have mixed feelings about my results. On one hand, my left side is almost perfect it looks very good. The only problem is when I lift my arm the nipple gets a little crease but not too bad. I'd rather have that than the larger chest size.

My right side is a different story. I have a decent amount of scar tissue in it that I can feel and they make my nipple stick out more. Dr. Bhangoo definitely took out too much fat/gland because I have some concave / dent especially when I flex my chest. It loooks not good. Sometimes I feel its not as bad as I think because when I'm just relaxed you can't really tell. The scar is more noticeable too.

I'm trying to figure out if I should do revision surgery or not and if things would be worse. What do you think? I have provided pics below.

You can find My Story here (pre-op pics): https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23673.0    and my Surgery Experience here: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23674.msg157065#msg157065

Pics:
These 2 are comparisons before and 2 weeks after:

These are from 6 months after

These are where I'm flexing and the indentation / crater is very obvious. Any opinions on from the Dr.'s on revision?

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
im a little shocked to see a surgeon do the incisions outside the areola-border on a mild case like this...
i guess your surgeon is not very experienced when it comes to doing this kind of surgery.

Offline Badboy3

• Posting Member
I think so too. He's a very respected surgeon when it comes to female surgery, but I don't think he has a lot of practice with Gyne surgery which kinda stinks for me. I'm just trying to find the best outcome for my situation now.

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
hopefully it can be fixed...your results look good to me with your arms down though
check out the threads of user Rocky76,  his case looks almost identical as yours

Offline Badboy3

• Posting Member
thanks, I also think my chest looks decent with arms done, its just when I actually move them or use the muscles is when things go downhill. Your right, Rocky76's has a problem just like mine. Hopefully, we both can find successful solutions!

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
Freaking Dejavu.. Ugh! I feel for you man.

Offline Badboy3

• Posting Member
yea man it looks like we're in the same boat. Got any updates?

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
yea man it looks like we're in the same boat. Got any updates?

I am concerned about who to go to for a revision.. with Dr. Bermant out of the picture. I really don't know who would have the skill, expertise and knowledge on how to fix this. Dr. Bermant seemed to be the only game in town in this regards to real expertise in revisions. He really seemed to understood and concentrate the concepts of how skin, fat, and tissue interacted when moving and or flexed.

Offline jimboyeeehaw

• Posting Member
Im also 6-7 months post op and had similar problems with indent. Ive been working out pretty hard for the past 5-6 months and the indentation is slowly gettng better. Still noticable, but definetly improving.

I would recommend going to the gym and doing chest workouts. Specificaly dips, flies and bench press from diff angles (decline,flat,incline). You want to build up the chest muscles and work extra hard on exercises that build up the lower chest.

Offline Badboy3

• Posting Member
I really liked what Bermant had to say as well. He really knows his stuff and how the whole animation part of the surgery is very important for the results. As a side note, I've been massaging with an electric hair clipper without the clippers to try to get rid of any extras to improve the results, and I think its working a little.

I agree, jimboyeeehaw, I think working out could help.  I have a large muscle mass above the indented part which makes the indentation look worse so it's going to be tricky not making that muscle bigger. I'm going to write down the exercises you suggested.

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
The problem is the indentations we speak about are above the muscle (hopefully not muscle damage kind). Cratering is going to be between the fascia, breast tissue, adipose fat layer and skin. The muscle is below all of this so even though your muscle get's bigger the layer above is still going to have the distortion. Depending on where your anomalies are, making the muscle below bigger could improve or worsen your situation.

Offline Badboy3

• Posting Member
I wonder if eating a lot and gaining some fat may help fill the void lol.

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
I wonder if eating a lot and gaining some fat may help fill the void lol.

Nope probably make it worse. Fat all around the indent will grow making the hole deeper. The only non surgical thing I see one dong is working out and or lower ones bodyfat thereby narrow the gap between the tissues.

Offline Badboy3

• Posting Member
cool, thanks for the advice

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
You have any plans for a revision? See anybody yet?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024