Author Topic: Nipple after gyno surgery?  (Read 6213 times)

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
 I just had a question about if the nipple stays the same size of gets smaller through time? I was just wondering.

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
Your nipple will get smaller immediately after surgery. This is because the gland will no longer stretch it out.
In my case, the nipple was maybe 30% smaller right after surgery and its size remained the same over time.

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
Okay, were your nipples puffed out post op? because I'm about 4 weeks now and they are still puffy? i was jw if that is normal for 4 weeks post op.

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
No, my nipples were not puffed out after surgery.
Were your nipples flat right after surgery?
If so then it could be swelling, fluid, scar tissue or a combination of all that.

What does your surgeon say?

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
Yes, first couple of days they were flat as can be. When i asked him he said since its just the nipple that is puffed out that its just swelling, and it should go away overtime, but I don't know its still puffy after 4 weeks, so its making me think he didn't take out enough gland.

Since you did ask if it was flat right after surgery, you think it will go back to the same flat-ness after the swelling?

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
Yes, since it was flat right after surgery I think the cause of the puffiness is not residual gland and it should indeed get better over time.
Keep wearing your vest, wait a few more weeks and see how it goes.
Hopefully you will notice some improvement soon.
Good luck man!

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
Thank you man, that advice really got my confidence up from the surgery, i read that if it was flat right after that it should be fine, but i doubted it was true. Since your telling me that too it should be some truth to it.

Offline opus_dei

• Posting Member
My right nipple is puffy almost 5 weeks post op. When I press the surrounding region with my fingers, I feel pain. Hence, I believe there is still swelling and hoping that is why it is still puffy.

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
yes, i am in the same exact place, i think its swelling due to all the trauma.

Offline opus_dei

• Posting Member
Nice to hear that someone else is recovering at a similar pace! In the last week and a half, a lot of the numbness has disappeared and some sensation has returned to my nipples. However, there is still pain and the results are not perfectly symmetrical.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024