Author Topic: Surgery Complete ! Pics Added  (Read 5832 times)

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a ton of posts on this site and gained a lot of information....so Thank you!  I just had my surgery performed today in Pittsburgh at 12:00PM and i thought i should share my experience.  As far as the surgery itself, it was a breeze.  The doctor "marked me up" and then i was given an IV.  Within what seemed a couple of minutes i woke up and was in very little pain.  maybe a 2 out of a 10 scale.  I had general anesthesia.  The doctor had me go out and buy a compression shirt from under armor and so i have that on and then a compression vest, and then a binder.  Things are extremely tight and that is probably the most uncomfortable thing.  NO itchiness yet and pain is very minimal if any at all.  I took a percocet when i got home just to be safe but i feel like i probably didnt need it.

The surgery i went with was UAL with remote gland removal.  The doctor makes two small incisions below the chest and does the lipo and then removes glandular tissue via the small incision.  This avoids having to do a semi circle incision on the aereola.  

I will keep everyone up to date on pain/swelling/bruising etc.  And once i have pics i will be sure to post.  

So far it feels pretty good knowing that i am on the other side!!!!!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:30:44 AM by annoyed30 »

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
Day two. 

Vest still feels really tight and a little tough to sleep last night due to that.  There really isnt any pain unless i press on my chest.  I still havent taken off the any of the garments but i really want to!  I am clear to take a shower tomorrow so i will let everyone know how the first look is. 

One question i have for those who have had the surgery.  My doctor said that i could start to massage the area 2 days after surgery.  I have read posts from people who started massage right away, and others that wait weeks or never massage at all.  What are some opinions on this?  Thanks for any input.

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
Day two pics.  Just took a shower.  It was awesome.  Things feel odd with compression off.  Just really numb and tingly.  I know its very soon but what do you guys think so far?

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
mate, these results look fantastic!
Congrats
Did you have gland excs. only or lip too?  Skin excision also?
Tell us about the whole experience. 
Are you massaging?

how long you gotta wear vest for?
when did doc say you can start jogging and lifting again.

Can you post some more current photos.  Thanks..

btw where'd you get the surgery done and how much?

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
thanks man i appreciate it.  I am pretty happy so far.  I had my one week (well really 6 day) post op visit today. 

I had UAL lipo and remote gland excision through that same incision they did the lipo.  So it wasnt the typical incision around the nipple but there was still gland removal via the lipo incision.

It really wasnt too bad at all.  The surgery was over before it even started.  I took a couple pain pills when i got home and then didnt need any after that.  The bruising is now about half of what it was when i posted my first pictures. 

I started massaging today.  Actually, i was at the docs today and they showed me how to massage by actually doing the massage on me.  It was pretty tender to say the least.  I think thats why they give you so many extra pain pills so that when you first start to massage, you can pop one or two beforehand.  Its really wierd tho.....you can feel fluid and lumps just squishing away when you massage and pinch your chest.  I guess thats a good thing tho.  I was told the more i massage, the better and easier it gets.  If you take a day off its just that much worse when you start to massage again.   I am massaging 4 times per day.

I initially  had a underarmor shirt, a compression vest, and a binder wrap.  After today, i no longer need the binder.  I was told i will probably be done with compression at 4 weeks but there is a chance it could be 6.  All depends on how i react.  As far as the vest goes, its not itchy at all.  I think that might be b/c i have the underarmor underneath it.

I can start light jogging after 2.5 weeks.  Lifting must wait for at least 4 weeks. 

I will post more pictures next week.  As of now there isnt a huge change other than lighter color bruising haha. 

I had my surgery done in pittsburgh pa.  total cost was just under 5k.  If anyone wants to know the exact surgeon, PM me. I dont wanna put the docs name on here until i have a much better idea of my results. 

Any other questions, please ask.  I have learned a lot from everyone here and would be happy to answer questions. 

April24th....did you have surgery as well?  If so, did it go well?

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
Looking good man! Any pre op pics to share?

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
wow.

You went back same day as operation??
sounds like everything went really well.  did you have any tubes for drainage?
2.5 week to 4 weeks isn't too bad of a wait.  I've ready 6 weeks till lifting.  So pls be careful.
When do you have stitches removed?
When there is some change, pls put up a photos..

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
Thanks supersonic.  unfortunately i do not have any pre op photos but i will check with doc and see if i can get them. 

April24th,  I arrived at the docs office at 11am and was back at home on the couch at 3pm.  It was a really easy procedure in my opinion.

I did not have drainage tubes.  The doc used an open stitch which allows the fluid to drain on its own but i would say that i had no drainage after about 36 hours.  I had the stitches removed yesterday.

Here are a few pics.  I took them today.  Exactly one week from my surgery.

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
sorry,  i dont know why the pics keep posting sideways.  heres the same ones but in the right direction. 

Also, i hope the redness above my one nipple isnt what people refer to as a burn from the lipo.  I hope its just a bruise but it looks different from everything else.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
dude your chest looks god.  very flat.  results seem great.
in 4 hours you were home..thats amazing
do you have pain today at all?  any stiffness or soreness in movement?
or can you move around, work and shower normally etc..

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
thanks man.  seems to be improving every day.  I dont wanna get my hopes up too early though.  i know my chest will probably go through many more changes before i see a final result.

No real pain anymore.  I pretty much can do my normal activities as far as walking around, changing clothes, showering, etc.  I can feel a little tightness when i stretch to reach something, but its not too bad.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
cool.  good luck.  give us update & pics next week pls..

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
It looks really good, Annoyed30! Mine looked like that right after surgery, too, no one looks good right after surgery, but things are settling nicely.  ;D

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
It looks really good, Annoyed30! Mine looked like that right after surgery, too, no one looks good right after surgery, but things are settling nicely.  ;D

Hi Top,

What type of surgery did you have?  I am healing quite nicely in my opinion.  Ive notice a little fluid build up on my RHS but other than that im pretty happy.  Do you guys recommend getting that fluid drained or just let it go and naturally get absorbed by the body?  Also, my only other concern is that it might take a while for the scars to go away.  They are the only two scars but i think pretty noticeable on my bright white chest haha. 

I will be posting some pics in the next couple days if anyone is interested.  I also hope to have the before pics to put up soon too. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024