Author Topic: Wasn't offered a compression vest/ace wraps, or drain fluid.  (Read 1679 times)

Offline dfoush21

• Posting Member
I just had surgery this morning and I had a doctor do my surgery instead of a cosmetologist because insurance paid for my surgery. So I don't think I get the same benefits if I were paying out of pocket. I only had incision to remove some of the gland, no lipo, I don't know if they drained the fluid around my puffy nipples, because I had general anesthesia. But the doctor didnt offer me a compression vest or even ace wrap bandages. The doctor didn't even talk to me after the surgery I just went home.
What should I do? I see the doctor in about two weeks for check up, so I don't think the doctor is going to keep draining the fluid. I'm a little worried.

Offline work in progress

• Posting Member
My doctor also doesn't use drains, and he's a plastic surgeon with thousands of gynecomastia procedures under his belt. My recovery went well and I had no issues with excess fluid. He counseled me beforehand that some patients may develop hematomas or seratomas that require aspiration (drawing out fluid with a needle and syringe), but nothing like that happened in my case.

On the other hand, my doc is a big believer in compression to control swelling and promote good healing. He had me in 3 layers of compression (shirt, vest and binder) for 4 weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024