Author Topic: 3 weeks post op - one nipple still sticks out  (Read 3762 times)

Offline MikeW1012

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

I just had my surgery in Hattiesburg Mississippi by Dr. Talbot. He was great and the staff was amazing. It's been three weeks and my left nipple is perfectly flat not a problem there. My right nipple which did stick out a little bit more than the left one pre-surgery is still sticking out more than I would like. I understand that it takes around 6 months to be fully 100% healed on the inside and it could be some scar tissue building up. I also realize that I am still very early in the recovery stage. I was just wondering if anyone had one nipple still puffy after surgery and it flattened out. Im not an obese person and I'm very active. I'm hoping that lifting weights and building my chest back up will fix the problem. If anyone has had this problem let me know the results....please and thank you.

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
Hey dude, I'm nearly 2 weeks post op, and I've got the exact same problem. My left nipple seems to have that 'puffy' look about it, yet my right one is normal and flat, I'm not sure if this is it but I'm hoping it's not cause it still looks like I have Gyno left abit in my left nipple-_-

Offline Nutsandbolts

• Posting Member
You guys cannot imagine how much your chest will change in the next MONTHS mine changed a lot in 6 months and I believe its still not finished. The doc took a chunk out of your chest, its a trauma, having a tooth pulled takes longer to heal then two weeks. Dont sweat it, nothing to do about it (revision) till a year post op anyways.

relax it comes fast enough

hammer

Nutsandbolts, great job with the tooth pulled! I've been trying to tell guys a lot  that they didn't fall out of bed or run into a wall, they had surgery! Healing takes time, and it can be months!

Offline MikeW1012

• Posting Member
I am now 2.5 months post op and it still stick out. I am going to start the massaging process and working out more. hopefully this will take the puffiness out. I just don't want to have to go back for more surgery.

hammer

You may have more scare tissue under the one side.

Offline MikeW1012

• Posting Member
I sure hope it's scar tissue. When I squeeze it, it feels the exact same as it did before surgery. It feels glandular however I'm not sure what scar tissue feels like.  I'm thinking that the doc left it in there so I would have to spend more money to get it fixed. >=/

hammer

No the doc would not do that, however you do need something in there so you don't have a concave chest.

I would think that you couldn't tell the difference between breast tissue or scare tissue just by exterior touch unless very experienced in doing so.

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024